Old 01-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #1

zr 440 carb prob.

i have a 2003 zr 440 sno pro never had any problems till now. I fully went over both carbs and cant find anything wrong but everytime i put it back together it poors gas out of one carb. The machine still starts first pull and seems to run perfectly fine. at high revs with track spinning it doesnt push as much gas out and at low rmps it pooors out.. i checked everything. at a loss dont know what parts to order or anything. the needle wasnt stuck in either when i took it apart and the floats arent filling with gas keeping them from floating.. is it even a carb prob .. reed on that side????
greg808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #2

Sled: "Decals say" ZR 440 Sno-Pro
I belive you have the TM flatslides? Which have the vition tip needle. If you have the VM round slides pull the needle out and check to see if its metal or Vition tiped. The metal tips were prone to wear and leaking - also excessive vibration would hamper the metal needles seating ability. If your sure its not the needle and seat then the next thing I would check is the choke. Make sure the cable isn't to tight and not letting the plunger "seat". Check the plunger itself making sure the bottom rubber surface is intact and the sides dont have any burs that would keep it from sealing. And your right - Not a bad idea to check the reeds for wear / damage as this will cause excess fuel when running also.
Fast440 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fast440 For This Useful Post:
greg808 (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #3

by viscion you mean the black coating on the end of the float needle thats what i have and it looks fine.. i looked into the choke and it seems ok i lubed the cables and all that i ended up where the float needle hangs on the floats i bent that down a lil more to put mor pressure to push the neddle down more and seal and it didnt work. im not sure because i didnt mess with anything. it went away running mint.. im just going to replace teh needle all i can think is it is worn just a lil so much as to where i cant see
greg808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #4

Sled: 01 440 sno pro
gas coming out of a carb especially a vent hose usually means a stuck float....
Coastieflightmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #5

Sled: "Decals say" ZR 440 Sno-Pro
I agree its usually a float / needle / seat issue. By the way - what I ment by the cable being to tight is if you pull the rubber boot back (at the carb end) you will see a jam nut, threads and such. If your setting is to tight it wont allow the plunger to seat. To loosen it you need to loosen the jam nut and twist the cable clockwise down towards the carb. By doing this your lengthening - (Spelling?) the cable allowing the plunger to seat. - Your choke lever shouldn't be jammed up against the housing (you should have a little slop).

Last edited by Fast440; 01-13-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Fast440 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » Z/ZL/ZR/ZRT/Tcat/EXT/jag/cougar

Search tags for this page
02 zr 440 sno pro carb leaking
1996 arctic cat zr 440 carb adjustment you tube

2000 arctic cat zr 440 sno pro carb leaking gas

2003 arctic cat zr 440 carburetor specs

96 arctcat zr 440 gas coming out of carbs

96 zr 440 carbs what size

arctic cat 440 carb

arctic cat zr 440 carb

what carb size is on 1996 zr 440

zr 440 carb

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.