Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

cleaned carbs now wont start.

24K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  vetteguy53081 
#1 ·
so my sled started every second pull before, i just cleaned the carbs and now it wont start. anyone have this problem or any ideas for me? please give me ideas, i would bring it in but the place i know of is backed up for 3 weeks and like anyone else i need to ride asap.

#5 ·
check and make sure you still have fire, then do what wimpyt-cat said, bow into the tank keeping it sealed so the air pushes fuel threw the lines filling the carbs back up with fuel, works everytime.

#6 ·
Is there a fuel shut-off?

#7 ·
you cleaned the carbs. there is no gas in them. 1) put a little trickle of gas down each plug hole. start it. if it stalls, repeat step 1 until it runs. happened to me today on a 440 Prowler. I put gas down the plug holes 3 times before she picked up prime and ran without help.

#9 ·
yes down the spark plug holes i had to do the same with mine last week when i cleaned carbs and rebuilt top end of my motor

Reactions: isaaczr800
#15 ·
so i have put gas in spark plug holes and carbs were the air box is and filled tank, it starts but stops running. i cant find the shut off valve anywere can someone post a picture? and is it possible to shut it off with out knowing of it? help would be much aprreciated.

#18 ·
Possibly no gas as it sounds like such. Follow fuel lines and make sure none are pinched and vacuum hose is in right location. If you blow air into fuel tank Covered with Saran, you should force fuel thru lines. Make sure plugs arent wet ( which I doubt). the 3rd hose to the engine should have fuel.
In my case, I would pull carb off and blow thru a small tube to assure passages are clear/open.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.