Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

zrt 800 year model diffs

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xf7nut 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm in the market for a zrt 800 (95-98 for aglt upgrade) I would prefer a 98 model for better rear susp. but haven't seen any lately. found a clean looking low mileage 95 for low price.

What are important feature changes on these in these years?

carbs (round/flat)?
airbox design?
exhaust pipe fitment?
stator , cdi, etc?
other?

I guess I'll replace rear suspension regardless, but are there years to stay away from or to look for ease of parts availability, upgrades or durability, performance?

Any advice from you 800 triple gurus? Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm in the market for a zrt 800 (95-98 for aglt upgrade) I would prefer a 98 model for better rear susp. but haven't seen any lately. found a clean looking low mileage 95 for low price.

What are important feature changes on these in these years?

carbs (round/flat)?
airbox design?
exhaust pipe fitment?
stator , cdi, etc?
other?

I guess I'll replace rear suspension regardless, but are there years to stay away from or to look for ease of parts availability, upgrades or durability, performance?

Any advice from you 800 triple gurus? Thanks!
They are almost the same except the 98 has extra travel tunnel, and some say the 98 has more power. I have a 95, I did an aglt and put a 136' skid in it and love it.

#3 ·
The 98 CDI was suppose to be hotter. 98 is open ignition. 97 and older would be closed ignition. Some people have said the 95 had more power due to larger ports, but I don't think my engine was ever original and I can't verify that. They all should have the round slide carbs. Stators are the same. CDI's are interchangeable.

#4 ·
Thanks guys!

I'm gettin itchy to pull the trigger on this.

This sled will be my backup to replace my xcr 600. The 600 has been a good sled, but can't do much with that front suspension. And it's white, pink, and purple. And it's a polaris

I share shop space with polaris die hards who think arctic cats are notoriously unreliable. I hope a zrt won't make me look bad or give them fuel for the fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.