Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Hit throttle and dies... Suggestions???

21K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  mtnbke_62 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 ZR 580 EFI that will idle fine but as soon as i hit the gas it will bog down and die. I've tried the TSS delete and that didn't fix it. Is there anyone that has had this problem and can help? I'm new to Arctic Cat sleds and especially new to EFI. Thank you so much

#30 ·
The yellow black wire comes from the throttle block, part of the T.S.S. . I just brought this up because on my 96 1/2 when I bypassed my T.S.S. I lost spark completly. Like I said I don't know if the 96 is the same, I don't have a wiring diagram for it. But if you look at the wires coming out of the throttle block and there is a yellow/black then make sure when you depress the throttle it still has power.

I noticed you have not mentioned anything about pulling the fuel lines out of the tank and cleaning the smart valve. You can still get high enough pressure even if you don't have the volume and it will run as yours has been running. Just a thought. Ron.
Good point Ron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.