Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2001 ZL 600 efi wont start

7K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bloc0102 
#1 ·
I've got a 2001 ZL 600 efi esr and it won't start.I put fresh gas in it this year and nothing. I think its the fuel pump cause there's no gas in the lines. Its got half a tank. And it starts riight up if I put gas in the cylinders then dies after a second. I'm wondering if there is like. A fuse or somthing or if I need a new fuel pump.

#3 ·
Smell gas? Ethenol eats gas lines

#5 ·
Or a continuity tester

#8 ·
Im not sure if the newer sleds have the same color wiring, but my 99 has a red and black wire coming off the pump. Like bhoule said, take the trim off the base of the steering and find the connector for the pump. It should be the only wiring coming out of the tank. I used a 12V DeWalt battery last time I checked one and it worked fine. Good luck troubleshooting!!

#10 ·
I agree with catspaz8, you probably just need to get gas up into the pump. I have had that problem with my EFI before. You should not drain the gas for storage. I got mine going by using the gas in the spark plug method several times, finally it took off and ran.

#11 ·
Mine always take forever to start when I pull them out of the shed (all efis.)

I've heard NEVER use ether/starting fluid to get them to start by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.