Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Clutching t-cat 1000 2001

12K views 57 replies 8 participants last post by  tcat446 
#1 ·
I have bought a t-cat 2001. have bought 2 degreed timing key,gutted air box, new jets(all sparkplugs are light brown) new D&D helix 60/40, red white seocondary spring, yellow/white primary. I do get 8400 -8800 rpm. if use 035 drive belt i reach 8800, if a good used 020 belt i get 8400. I have studded the track with 144 from studboy 1,500. I tryed it on the lake and cant get more that 154km/t or 95mph. i cant get my belt all the way out on the primary, did mark a line on it, and it have a bit over 1/2 inch before it is all out. Have used 64 gram weights, did change to 62 and no changes in top speed. Did remove the belt and tryed to see if the primary do work, and it does...i have not 100 % perfect rollers on my secondary, but think i should get more speed. my gearing is 23/40, have ordered the 24/39 but so will change later. Have also tryed all available changes at the secondayr spring, with no better or worse result. have also used all from 1 shim to three shims in the secondary, no changes in accelatation or top speed.

Have not checked the alligment and sheave distance..

Have today removed the 60/40 and put the stock back again and shall try it again. it runs like a bad 600..

Does anybody have a idea why my tcat wount go faster???

Greatful for all information.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.