Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Does a sled that has to be premixed have more power then a sled that is oil injected?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  UECAR 
#1 ·
Well, this has never really crossed my mind before... I just happened to come upon the idea so I just had to find out the answer....So does a premix have more power then a oil injected sled or is it the other way around?

#5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-D @ Feb 7 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, this has never really crossed my mind before... I just happened to come upon the idea so I just had to find out the answer....So does a premix have more power then a oil injected sled or is it the other way around?[/b]
Premix "can" have more power but not always ! It depends at what point the oil injected sled is injected. (thru the pump or in the intake boot. )
but if to much oil is added it becomes unefficient and less combustable which results in bogs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catspaz8 @ Feb 8 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I Recall a discussion about the premix maybe running a little leaner as the oil is now part of the gas circuit, replacing gas molecules with the oil, thus leaning it out some.[/b]
This is true and proven.
This was always a way to lean our grass sleds out in a pinch ! If done correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.