Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Model year differences in the ZRT 600 and 800?

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fastcat800 
#1 ·
Trying to get educated on the ZRT's, as A G has me all wound up about the possibilities with one of these older sleds. There are a number of ZRT's for sale around me, from '96 to '01. What are the differences between the model years, and is one better than the other. Also, what are the differences between the 600 and 800, other than displacement? I fully subscribe to the philosophy of "if some is good, more is better. And too much is just right." :D

#2 ·
I'm sure this will get a ton of response but here it goes....

95-96 ZRT = The begining (some say that the hp number are the best in this range)
97-98 ZRT = Upgraded ETT (More travel in the rear suspension = softer ride)
99-01 ZRT = New chassis with the AWS front suspension and ETT
01-02 ZRT = 600's came with power vavles and TM Flatslide Mikuni carbs, Limitied editions were offered with green hoods and seat covers

The motors didn't really change much throughout the years. The stickers changed a bit each year. You can surf here and see all the pictures throughout the years.

Personally I have an 01 ZRT 600 and love it! The power valves seem to make a big difference as I have kept really close with the ZRT 800's. The suspension rides nice and takes whatever I can throw at it.

95-98 expect to pay between $1200-1800 and for the 99-02 between $2000-$2500. Those are rough estimates for what I have seen them go for.

From my ride today:

[attachment=86013:img056.jpg]

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.