Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2001 ZR 800 Heat Exchanger Issues

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  joezr2 
#1 ·
Ok, over the weekend I had a stud come out and go thru the front heat heat exchanger. This seems to be a recurring theme for me this year with the lack of snow as I am also in the process of changing the front exchanger on my wifes 96 ZRT 600. I just learned however that on the ZR it is a non-replaceable part!? I have to change the whole bulkhead in order to correct it? Has anyone hear heard of this before, or have any other suggestions to try? The dealer told me to try and bring it to a radiator repair place and get it welded, which I will prolly do this weekend, but this just seems absord to me!

#2 ·
Did you ever get an answer and get this fixed? I have a 2001 ZR800 and did the same thing in March07 and was just starting to work on mine and wondering what I have to do to change out the heat exchanger. I threw a stud into it and ripped a 2" hole in mine. I ordered a new exchanger and have it so I believe it must come out without having to replace the entire bulkhead right?

#4 ·
I used JB weld on my 96 and put some miles on afterward. Just make sure it's CLEAN. If possible, I'd say a little (tig?- I don't know what kind of weld) weld job is a better way to go though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.