Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Best way to drain old gas?

11K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Catman_zrt 
#1 ·
What's the best way to remove very old stale gas from the tank and the rest of the fuel system on a 95 ZRT 800. Does the tank and seat need to be removed to drain or is there an easier method.

Thanks in advance
Joe

#2 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catman_zrt @ Jan 14 2007, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's the best way to remove very old stale gas from the tank and the rest of the fuel system on a 95 ZRT 800. Does the tank and seat need to be removed to drain or is there an easier method.

Thanks in advance
Joe[/b]
How old is the gas? You might get away with fuel stabilizer if it hasn't been in there too long. If not, you have to siphon it out.

#3 ·
i'd go to a marina and get a ball pump for an outboard motor gas tank , its pretty easy and fast .... for $ 10 it'll save you alot of aggrivation and time :super_happy:

#4 ·
I use a suction gun with a plastic hose on the end. Cheap from napa. I keep it clean and use it only for this purpose. It can get right down in the bottom, with very little left. I would pull the carbs off also and clean them if the sled has sat very long. Check all the fuel lines and vacuum line from engine while your there, they will harden and crack with age. This will save you much trouble, any prevent a burndown. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.