Old 11-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #1

Sled: 95 AC ZR 580 efi
Howdy y'all... I just got a set of PSI twin pipes for my ZR, couldnt pass em up for 50 bucks. At any rate, does anyone know of or have a chip for a yellow dot ECU that will work with aftermarket pipes? Otherwise, Ill hve to sell em and get a stock pipe, OY! I know Black Magic makes a hotrod chip, and PSI makes a 500/600 EFI pipe set up, but I dont know if the chip will work. Thanks again for all of your help you guys have bee great!

Joe
Old 11-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #2

Sled: 06 M6 141, 2010 M8 153 SP, 98 TCAT 1000
Blackmagic probably has some chips lying around for it, but they may not be a good match for the PSI setup. Blackmagic invested quiet a bit of time into the 580 EFI setups, so they would be a good place to start. Otherwise you will have to scour the net to find a performance chip. PSI has since moved to Utah, and although it is a long shot, you may want to call to see if they would know anyone who would have an EFI chip for their pipes.

ZRJohn
ZRjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #3

Sled: 95 AC ZR 580 efi
THanks ZR,

I kinda figgered as much, I did send PSI an email regarding it. I was wondering if you had any experience with the Boondocker EFI tuner, I guess Id have to get a EGT setup to use it though.Ive done efi mods and reprogramming fonew cars and trucks...Camaros, Denali Yukons with a supercharger, been a diagnostic tech fr 15 years. Im just not sure if the Boondocker setup has enough swing to make up for the pipes. and to that end has anyone put thees PSI twin pipes on a carbed sled? and if so how much jetting was required? THat will give me and idea of how much EFI tuning Id have to do. Thanks again for everything, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Joe
Old 11-16-2005, 09:23 PM   #4

Sled: 06 M6 141, 2010 M8 153 SP, 98 TCAT 1000
Boondockers actually does not make a kit specific for the 580 EFI computer, as well as, the 98-99 ZR's, but I talked to them over the summer and they had a computer for a 580 EFI they said they could adapt to their current kit. You can do quite a bit with the boondockers setup as far as pipes, NOS, porting, etc....... You will just have to spend a bit of time tuning it for your application. You could probably just call PSI or Blackmagic and ask them about the old chip mapping so that you could get certain RPM ranges in tune with proper fuel/air ratio.

Take Care,

ZRjohn
ZRjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » Z/ZL/ZR/ZRT/Tcat/EXT/jag/cougar

Search tags for this page
1994 arctic cat zr 580 pipe
arctic cat 580 psi pipes chip
arctic cat zr 580 pipe jetting
psi pipes 1994 artic cat zr580 pipes

psi twin pipes

psi twin pipes for arctic cat snowmobiles

tuning for 1994 arctic cat wildcat with psi pipes

zr 580 efi black magic pipe

zr 580 pipes

zr 580 twin pipes

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.