Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Can someone explain what im supposed to do with this...

980 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Evonorth 
#1 ·
So i just recently replaced my sheaves with two new ones, listed as kit part number 50001 on bd extreme.
It was froman ebay seller, but the part nu ber was 50001, listed as 10.4 conversion kit and it has the black diamond markings.

I just noticed that where the deflection adjuster would normally screw into, the new sheave has no threads... What the hell... Is this something i should have expected? Because ive never read about this... Any idea if the dealer is able to thread that, since its supposed to be LH threads?

Old sheave:

New sheave:

See less See more
#2 ·
Ran into the same thing last year, purchased the BDX 10.4 kit and their adjuster. Contacted them and told me what I already knew, they aren't compatable. Sucks, but just run the stock adjuster, plug and shims, you'll be happy this their 10.4 sheaves

#3 ·
My sled is an 06 f7 snoproo efi. Came stock with 10.4, and therefore had the plastc threaded adjuster and one small 9/16 bolt to hold the clutch to the DD. This is just a replacement for the sheaves due to the original sheave bearing wearing out.

Do i need to purchase this peice: DIAMOND DRIVE CLUTCH BOLT AND HARDWARE - Black Diamond Xtreme
And that doubles as an adjuster and bolt to hold the clutch to the DD??

#4 ·
My sled is an 06 f7 snoproo efi. Came stock with 10.4, and therefore had the plastc threaded adjuster and one small 9/16 bolt to hold the clutch to the DD. This is just a replacement for the sheaves due to the original sheave bearing wearing out.

Do i need to purchase this peice: DIAMOND DRIVE CLUTCH BOLT AND HARDWARE - Black Diamond Xtreme
And that doubles as an adjuster and bolt to hold the clutch to the DD??

Yes. cat had that as an update kit at one time. It was only a few dollars back in the day. I am surprised your plastic one last this long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.