Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

05 Firecat f-5 power valve issues need help

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  krenzy_84 
#1 ·
Well heres what i have done so far, cleaned carbs new exhaust temp sensor,tested servo motor tested good,installed new power valve cables and cleaned set to 34.5 MM like dealer said. Put up on stand and still having same problems sled is gutless when riding,put up on stand if you pin it the valves do not open, if you speed it up slow and keep the rpms over 6000 and then pin it the valves open and if you don't let it go back to idle and let off and pin it and never let the rmps drop the valves open, but if you ride it its gutless and once your going about 30-40 and slowly ease into it the valves do open eventually but not like they should right away. Any input would be greatly appreciated i don't know what to test maybe stator,TPS thanks

#2 ·
I think usally power valve problems effect your rpm. with dirty power valves that do not open you may only get a max rpm of 6900. So I am figuring if you had valves not working then you would not get your high rpm. you said you cleaned the carb, how well did you disassemble it? Sounds like you have something plugged still

#3 ·
the main problem is the sleds valves not opening up once they do open the sled revs to where it should the problem is that its a dog untill the valves finnaly open. When the actually do it seems like the sled will be fine i think its more of an electrical issue now like i said before on a stand if i just pin it the vavles won;t open its when you give it and let off a bunch that they decide to work. But then when you take it outside mto ride it the valves wont open till after you have it pinned for about 20 seconds, so its really slow untill this happens.

#5 ·
well i looked at the valves just to make sure. Well there in the right way so no such luck that would be too easy. I called the dealer and talked to a tech, he suggested checking the crank seals by spraying choke cleaner on it to see if the engine rmp changes otherwise he suspects stator we'll see thanks

#7 ·
yes i did took to the dealer and the valves were in backwards and also the belt was riding way too low in the secondary. The sled was working to hard at low speeds because the belt was so low. Got that all fixed and then the primary clutch spider bearings went out last season wight at the end. Sold sled this summer and bought a 07 F-6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.