XFR/Firecat/Sabercat Regular 128" XF / Firecat/Sabercat chassis

Old 12-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #1

Sled: 800 Renegade and F5 for my girl
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 200
08-09 Mileage: 900
I bought an 03 F5 sno pro for my 90 lb girlfirend thinking it would be a great sled for her. When I bought it the guy had stored it inside most of its life and it fired right up. I brought the sled home and ripped it up and down the road for a while. Then it sat outside on my trailor in the cold weather. I filled both my sleds with fuel at the same time and do not have a problem with my 800.

SO here is the problem I went to start it and it ran fine for about five minutes as i was letting it warm up. I got on it to turn it around and it died and i couldn't get it started. Later that night I brought it to a friends house with a heated garage to let it thaw out. It still would not start. I took the lines off the fuel pump and put pressure to the gas tank. The fuel pump dribbled out gas. I noticed the line from the pump to the carbs was dry. I thought it may be air locked. Does this sound possible. So, i filled the line with fuel and it started right up. No problems. The next day we rode all day.

Today, a week later I went to start the sled to see if it would run. It fired right up for about five minutes again. and then it dies. I filled the line from the fuel pump to the carbs with fuel again and it started. The motor seemed to be warm and i could not keep it running without playing with the throttle. As soon as I take the choke off it wants to die. Now, I can't get it started at all.

What can I do to make this sled reliable????? I want my girl firend to enjoy snowmachining cause I love it do it. and if she doesn't like it I'm going to be in the dog house when im gone every weekend and she stays home cause this sled wont run and she gets a bad taste for riding??

So any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.
Bartsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #2

Sled: 04 f7 firecat sno pro efi nightfire
10-11 Mileage:
09-10 Mileage: 320
08-09 Mileage: 360
07-08 Mileage: 300
06-07 Mileage: 150
ATV: polaris 400 sportsman
sounds like when outdoors the water in the fuel freezes in the fuel pump or line...thaw sled-hair drier will work on pump in firewall behind oil tank...(low) add something to remove water from fuel and try again...this happened to me 2 day old sled 2004 f7 nightfire...never since good luck
zeddy f7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #3

Sled: 03 F5 SP
07-08 Mileage: 150
06-07 Mileage: 1025
ATV: Honda Big Red
the issue may be more then water in the system though I think that very well could be part of the issue. With water in the system this will cause your sled to run lean. Hence having to run the choke in order to keep the sled running.
I'd run a pressure test on the fuel pump to make sure it's pumping at the correct volume. If that passed the test I'd drain my tank, refill it with fresh fuel, add some "red bottle heat" and then clean the carbs making sure the float level is right.
firecatF5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » XFR/Firecat/Sabercat

Search tags for this page

03 f5 firecat fuel problem

03 f5 fuel pump

2003 arctic cat f5 fuel pump

2003 arctic cat f5 fuel pump issue

2003 arctic cat fuel pump

arctic cat f5 fuel pump

does a 2003 artic cat f5 have a remote fuel pump

f5 firecat fuel pump or vacuum line

f5 fuel pump kit

recalls arctic cat f5 snowmobile
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.