NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » XFR/Firecat/Sabercat » 04 Firecat f7 bogs, idles low, max 6500rpm

XFR/Firecat/Sabercat Regular 128" XF / Firecat/Sabercat chassis

Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #1

Sled: 1999 Arcrtic cat 600 poweder special EFI
Hello,

I picked up a 2004 firecat f7 EFI this year. I have not been able to ride it till now. I was told that the F7 is a fast machine. The problem is that it runs kind of funny and has a maximum of only 6500 rpm. It seems to run fine when accelerating but awfully slow. I have a 2000 arctic cat 600 efi powder sled and it murders this firecat, and also my 2004 yamaha viper 700 just kills this thing.

The snowmobile idles at about 1200-1800 rpm sometimes dies

I have taken off the power valves and cleaned them, the valve cases were full of gasoline and oil after running the snowmobile, When I pulled them out of the ports the gasoline mixed with oil just spilled out on the engine. not sure if this is normal. The cables on the servo measure around 1 1/4 inch both cables and are same lenght. When I pulled on the valves cables they moved freely. The spring works fine.

The snowmobile has very poor throttle response, and hits a maximum of 6500 rpm, usually stays at 6200 at WOT. Does not scream like the other sleds. and doesn't go faster than 40 some miles per hour.

When the engine is running it doesn't sound as smooth as my 2000 600 efi arctic cat.

The engine light is not on.

I checked the clutches and they engage fine, they also look like they are in good condition.

Starts up no problem on first or secon pull.

Not sure what the problem is but if you guys could let me know what to diagnose and check, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
kalisto2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #2

Sled: 2005 F7
check your cylinders
catman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (catman9 @ Jan 11 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
check your cylinders[/b]
Hello,

I have about 140-144 psi on each cylinder. Seems to run alright when your riding it. I tried starting the snowmobile with just one spark plug connected, I tried that on both cylinders, but it wouldn't start, also tried running it and taking of one spark plug wire off and it would die instanly. Maybe weak spark? I have a spare efi ingnition coil from a 2000 arctic cat 600 efi looks the same as the f7 coil except the connector is different, but the wire is still orange and black, would this coil pack work on the f7 just to try if it would run better? Could is be the stator going out? Seems like these firecats have lots of issues compared to the yamahas. I have been riding my sx viper 700 for 4500 miles now and not a single problem. i bought this firecat f7 for my brother but it doesn't run right.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #4

Sled: '03 F7 EFI
injectors and fuel system all clean?
kick-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kick-er @ Jan 11 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
injectors and fuel system all clean?[/b]
Hello,

Fresh gas in it, have not cleaned the injectors yet, will have to look at them.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #6

Hi,

Why is the snowmobile only running to 6500 rpm maximum? it gets to 6500 everytime you open up the throttle same everytime

Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » XFR/Firecat/Sabercat

Search tags for this page
2004 f7 runs but doesn't drive
arctic cat snowmobile bogs at low speed

f6 firecat running rough

f7 firecat bogg
f7 snowmobile rough idle no high rpm
firecat 6500 rpm

firecat slow throttle response

low rpm at idle on f7

my 2004 firecat loads up at an idle
why is snowmobile running poor in lower rpm
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.