NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » XFR/Firecat/Sabercat » Differences between Sno-Pro and Non SnoPro

XFR/Firecat/Sabercat Regular 128" XF / Firecat/Sabercat chassis

Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #1

Sled: zr 440 sno pro
06-07 Mileage: 1000
ATV: none
Unhappy

There is a 04 F7 in my town w/ 1000 female miles on it and is selling for super cheap. (3200$) But it is a non Sno pro...

What is involved in changing it to a sno pro? I know its shocks and the track, but anything else??

I was thinking of putting the sno pro shocks on and a paddle track because I do alot of off trail riding. Whats the biggest lug I can go on a stock F7??

If you guys have any parts to do this let me know!!!!!
ultrasks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #2

Sled: 05 f7 snopro
07-08 Mileage: 700
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ultrasks700 @ Oct 16 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
There is a 04 F7 in my town w/ 1000 female miles on it and is selling for super cheap. (3200$) But it is a non Sno pro...

What is involved in changing it to a sno pro? I know its shocks and the track, but anything else??

I was thinking of putting the sno pro shocks on and a paddle track because I do alot of off trail riding. Whats the biggest lug I can go on a stock F7??

If you guys have any parts to do this let me know!!!!![/b]
i have snopro springs that you would need for sale $40 shipped 800 miles on them.I had to switch to the standard springs for a softer ride due to back injuries
darrellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #3

Sled: 2005 F5
08-09 Mileage: 1000
07-08 Mileage: 1000
06-07 Mileage: 500
ATV: 2009 Suzuki RM-Z250
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ultrasks700 @ Oct 16 2008, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:

If you guys have any parts to do this let me know!!!!![/b]

If you want to spend your money i would just buy the sno pro track and not worry about the shocks. Unless you REALLY REALLY beat the crap out of your sled, you dont need the sno pro shocks.

I have the standard and i ride mine around my dirt bike track! Cracked the hood once but thats not the point lol. I hit a lot of gradual 40-50ft jumps out in the corn field too. I mean...i ride really hard on a regular basis. Im actually surprised how good the F5 is holdin up at 2000 miles lol. Shes still got all the suspension i need.

If you do more than that then get the shocks...might as well just get an actual racing sled lol.

IDK what you weigh, but im 165 and just put it on the highest suspension setting in the rear, and stiffen the front springs as much as possible. She works great for my style.

Your choice though man. Just giving my opinion.

firecat26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #4

Sled: zr 440 sno pro
ATV: none
I am not one that does sled necks or anything. However Ive seen a sno pro and a non sno pro side by side and a sno pro defenity looks a lot more beefy. Ive seen the sno pro shocks sell for around 200 or so. I also found an ebay store that sells 128x13.5x1.7 inch tracks for 400.
ultrasks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 PM   #5

Sled: 05' F7 EFI SP
ATV: 2003 Jeep Wrangler
If you want a sno pro, try to find one of them for sale instead. If you have to spend $800 or more to make the sled more like a sno pro, then $3200 may really not be that cheap. Plus the work and messin around you will be doing. Just my .02 cents. It does does sound like a nice deal, especially if you know it has been takin care of.

Member: Cherry Creek Sno-Goers
97_ZRT6 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » XFR/Firecat/Sabercat

Search tags for this page
arctic cat sno pro vs non sno pro
f7 non sno pro
firecat f7 sno pro shop
sno pro track on non sno pro f7

sno pro vs non sno pro

what does sno pro mean

what is a sno pro
what is difference between sno pro and standard f7
what is the difference between arctic cat ltd and snopro
whats the difference between sno pro and arctic cat
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.