XFR/Firecat/Sabercat Regular 128" XF / Firecat/Sabercat chassis

Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #1

Sled: 2003 F7
06-07 Mileage: 100
Can the F7 handle Avgas or 110octane leaded race fuel, the reason i am asking is because i rather run those gas on the F7 wheni get it this fall.

I always run those gas on my 2 stroke, yea i know its expensive, but i love the smell and it runs allotta better.
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2007, 04:43 AM   #2

Sled: 02 ZR8 CCE, 05 M7 153", 06 Apex RTX
06-07 Mileage: 5
ATV: none
Octane is a measure of the resistence to detonation. Despite what some may tell you, your motor will preform the best with the lowest grade of octane without detonating the motor. The higher the octane does not mean your motor will preform better or the fuel itself is better. Your F7, assuming no motor mods are on it, will preform best with 87 octane it in, and seeing as how your from Minimalsnowta, the enthonal switch unplugged (whatever it is for running ethonal in your motor). The motors that run Av gas and 104+ octane fuels are race motors. They are completely worthless on stock F7's and even modified F7's as most of the time, 91-94 octane will more the sufice for most mods. Hope this helps you out a bit, and if you have any more questions, I'm sure there are others who know much more on the subject then myself and will be glad to help you.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna
racinfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #3

Sled: F7
Racinfarmer is correct. With the large squish and the low compression of these trail motors high octane fuels are not neccesary. They have a much slower burn then lower octane fuels and if you do run them it will be hard for your engine to build desireable combustion temps resulting in lower HP then your engine could make on lower octane fuels. I would suggest running alittle higher octane fuel then the manufactuer suggest like 89, due to the fact that as fuel sits it loses octane and with the winters we are getting you never know. Jim
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #4

Sled: 2003 F7
06-07 Mileage: 100
i know the difference bwtn 87 and high octane race fuels. and detonation, etc.. but it of course does not run faster. i can tell that it idles better and responses a tad bit better. just no power gain thats all. but all of my 2 strokes had shaved head or aftermarket head tho. but still on stock motor with minmal bolt on, i liked the way it runRas, not meaning power, i mean the way it runs on those fuel rather than 87, and ihate the smell of 87 octane. there are several different kind of race fuel for different kinds of applications.

race motor will of course need those fuel for sure. i know that. Also race fuel are known to help keep carbon deposit out. when i run 91 octane i notice build up of carbon deposit, but with race fuel its much cleaner.

so, I was just simply asking if the EFI can handle it? because race leaded fuel is bad for oxygen sensor. AC EFI dont have oxygen sensor dont they?

Btw i dont have F7 yet, and when i get it, i will be doing some work to it tho. so im just learning what a AC EFI can do and if i should stick with carbed or whatsover.
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:30 AM   #5

Sled: 2006 F6 Firecat
06-07 Mileage: 200
ATV: 2002 Yamaha 660R Raptor
2006 Mileage: 30
Im not no EFI guru, but if your looking for "the smell" I don't see why you couldn't run a little bit to your regular gas you put in. The smell is awesome but like everyone said already including yourself your not gaining any Performance. just my 2cents
Old 01-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
cjt

Sled: BMP 1200 FIRECAT
07-08 Mileage: SINGLE
06-07 Mileage: PIPE
ATV: POWER
You can run all the leaded 110 you want!! I mix a few gallons with 92 on my F9 but I do it because I run NOS and need a little extra cusion!! you will be throwing your money away and your sled WILL be slower because you will lose a couple hp because you don't need 110,but to answer your question ,yes,you can run leaded 110 in an EFI motor!! Good Luck.......
cjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #7

Sled: F7
Leaded gas is not recommended in car engines not only due to the converter, but also the injectors. It is well known that the lead will foul up injectors, however in a sled I don't believe it will cause you a problem. You just don't put the hours on a sled like a car and as CJT suggest mixing it is probably the best way to get what you want. Jim
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » XFR/Firecat/Sabercat

Search tags for this page

arctic cat 110 octain gasoline

arctic cat 110 race fuel
can you race a 06 f7
can you run 110 octane in f7
can you run 110octane race fuel in a utility atv

can you run race fuel in a arctic cat f7

high octane fuel rochester mn

how much octane on a.v gas

should i run race fuel in my sonwmobile

where to buy race fuel in utah

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.