Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

tunnel protectors

6K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  stopdropanroll 
#1 ·
Do i need tunnel protectors 03 f7 sno pro 1 3/8 track ? Any feedback would be appreciated thanks. I dunno

#9 ·
Originally posted by looneytune@Feb 1 2006, 02:47 PM
Dan from ODS has them but they aren't the easiest thing to put on.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That is correct. I installed my protectors this fall but I had my skid out. Made life MUCH easier. Make sure when installing the rivets that are up front towards the front heat exchanger that you prop the gass tank up so you don't drill into it. I just took out the back bolts near the seat and wedged a piece of wood between the tank and the tunnel. I had no issues and installed without a hitch. thumbguy

#10 ·
I installed mine just one up the middle, is that wrong? I think it should work the same. Just as long as the track doesnt bow around it. I went over the stock piece on the heat exchanger and continued it up to the front. What do ya think? I dunno

#14 ·
Well, KROM, i have a standard 1" track and 1.250" studs. Guess what??? yeah, hitting the rear exchanger. Maybe if you never jump or ditchbang they wont hit, but if you do they scratch up the exchanger pretty good.

#15 ·
Originally posted by ipgreen@Mar 6 2006, 01:05 PM
Well, KROM, i have a standard 1" track and 1.250" studs. Guess what??? yeah, hitting the rear exchanger. Maybe if you never jump or ditchbang they wont hit, but if you do they scratch up the exchanger pretty good.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I am running the same in my 1" with no problems yet...I know GF8PE is running 1.325s in his 1" track w/out any issues as well... I dunno

#17 ·
I have a 06 SP Im running 1.5 inch studs and have had no problems to date. Dealer even told me not to worry about tunnel protecters. They said it was a bit too long of a stud but should be OK! I have even two uped my girlfriend for 100 miles, not a scratch. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.