Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Tunnel protectors

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RowdyRoddy 
#1 ·
I need to know abotu tunnel protectors on a 05 Sabercat EFI EXT. I am new to the sport, and I am going to stud my machine, someone said something about it, and I have no clue what they are talking about. What happens if I don't use them, what will happen?

THX :sos:

#2 ·
Tunnel protectors are there to protect the tunnel from your studs hitting the metal, and heat exchangers. If the studs hit the tunnel, they will start to wear though it and cause some minor damage, or major damage if they penetrate the either heat exchanger. They are cheap to buy, and easy enough to install. All you need is a drill and a rivet gun. Rivets usually come with the tunnel protectors.

Good Luck,
Nick

#4 ·
Originally posted by Dredge@Jan 10 2006, 02:25 PM
Cat happy  You really don't need tunnel protectors... just make sure the studs you install are not too long...
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Correct. You don't NEED them, but is always nice security when you do a tail land and you compress that skid with studs. I added a touch longer studs than normal and I haven't him my protectors yet, but I am sure glad I have them installed.

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.