Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2014 Artic Cat Trail heat in cab

15K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  rivardp 
#1 ·
Anyone have ideas on how to eliminate the heat in the cab? It is coming from under the seats, around the seats and even out of the slot for the shifter. If I block it off with insulation and duct tape will I overheat the battery or electrical under the drivers seat? Any help would be appreciated.

#6 ·
Fans are a good idea but the true root of the problem is cat decided to route the outlet of the clutch housing right behind the drivers seat . I have a solution that should work by rerouting the hose. I will post pics soon as the mod is done. I also added a rubber skirt baffle behind the seat to block off the gap between the floor and the rear panel.

#7 ·
I'm going to look into the clutch outlet. I did take a piece of heat reflective material and block off the opening behind the seats. I did remove the cover for the spark plugs until I get the fans and it did make a big difference. I am hoping with the fans, blocking the opening and now rerouting the clutch outlet I should be much cooler.
Thanks for the help.
I really like this machine, it really runs and handles great.

#8 ·
OK, I put the fans in which made a huge difference. Thanks for that tip. Then I got another tip about the hose from the belt housing blowing air under the seats. I have posted some pictures of how I fixed that issue. Less that 5 dollars and it is fixed. Use the 2" 45 degree el and a hose clamp. I didn't need the coupling.
Blows the air straight down on the ground.

Attachments

#10 ·
I do have a rear window but still had the heat blowing in. Since I put in the fans and added the extension on the belt drive exhaust it has been much better. I also purchased a boot for the shifter opening. Haven't installed it but noticed on a u-tube video a guy had a boot for his shifter so I figured it can't hurt.

Thanks for the info.

#11 ·
I used some mud flaps. Cut them to fit in the tunnel to block the heat from getting pushed back through.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

#12 ·
i bought a 2 foot high roll reflective bubble type insulation and used 3m adhesive and glued behind seats especially pass seat as exhaust right behind it and the cut pieces to fill gaps near battery and floorboards and they all correct remove or add fans on spark plug access

#13 ·
the real problem is the catalytic converter in the muffler. took mine out and what a difference. a lot off guys are taking it out to get rid of the heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.