Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

suzuki fury pipe help for cats

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  teamgreen2 
#1 ·
Hi there. My dad just got some suzuki fury pipes at a local swap. We are looking to mount them on his custom restore jag. But they don't have flanges at the moment. Do I have to get fury flanges or can I use some off of something else. Any help is much appreciated

#2 ·
what year jag? What motor? going from memory, the fury flanges bolt pattern are at 3 and 9 oclock position. I believe the spirit bolt pattern is like 2 and 7(correct me if I'm wrong). They wont mate up. Even if you got them installed, I dont think it will help the spirit engine, may even hurt performance as the fury pipes where tuned just for that engine, 60 hp. They WILL look cool and sound great if you delete the muffler.

#3 ·
Hi there. Well for the pipes we are just giving it a shot. If they don't perform they will go on his el tigre 440 77 with a ported 76 motor. The motor in the jag is the average 340fa. I have heard of it being done before and well a fury is essentially an el tigre. I believe like 500 or 1500 or so were made in thief river as a suzuki motor contract. That's what the legend book says anyway. The jag will be going dual carb also. These pipes are stingers already. I'm sure they really will crackle. Long stinger length. I am mostly looking for a picture of the fury flanges. For instance I got wildcat flanges to fit on a jag motor once and had blizzard 340 pipes on it. Sounded pretty good but those pipes were made for twice the sled. Just a late night thing to hear. If I can't find nothing close I will just cut these suzuki pipes some and weld a different style ball joint on it. So I can use the wildcat ones. And I believe the flange bolt pattern should be the same. Just cause I can't believe suzuki would make such a pointless change and make parts a mess to salvage. From how my point of view looks the bolts on one of my motors is about 11 and 5 o clock position. any other suggestions are welcome

#5 ·
sorry, my fury is buried right now or I would go get you a pic. I got some fury parts around here, if I find flanges I will get a pic. Thay are cool pipes and sound great open. I have three sets. have you set them in the chassis yet? The Jag should be narrower than the fury and the pipes maybe to wide. let me know.

#7 ·
ThEy appear that they can fit in there well they did a few weeks ago. But that was just an eyeball method. I have heard of it being done on a few sites now. I do have plenty of jag manifolds to try to fab with. The exhaust on the jag now was real rotted so its a perfect candidate for these pipes

#8 ·
Fury flanges are out there. They made approximately 3500 Fury's in 74 for the 75 model year.

I have many sets back home, but I won't be there until December.

A recent observation, which will only make these flanges harder to get(maybe), is that the Fury flanges are the same as the stock 77 Z 340-440 exhaust flanges.

If you're in no hurry, I can help. Otherwise, just keep an eye out online. Also, the Fury pipes can be made to fit the 73-74 el tigre's without much effort(done it). So I would think they would fit a jag, as they were similar to the early el tigre's.

-Adam
adamleubner@hotmail.com

#10 ·
The fury pipes are not made for a kawi motor. They will run but not right. Since suzuki has different port timing then a kawaski motor does. I know some people put them on there vintage sleds all its going to do is make noise. If you wanna make noise build your own pipes. The stock pipe on the el tigres and jags have a cone in side. You cut the out part off at the weld then weld a stinger on the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.