Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1975 suzuki fury help

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  sixty8cat 
#1 · (Edited)
Had some typr of trouble at end of last winter. My Fury rode well till last time out, it started but would just bog under throttle? It had been starting to almost lose a cylinder at time. Tried new plug, no go. Could it be coil? Carbs? Who rebuilds these carbs?? I would like to send them out as I got a lot going on now. Any info on the coil would help. Is the coil 2 stage?? The sled would barely idle and not even have enough power to move itself. Thanks

#2 ·
have you ever replaced crank seals? Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and replace seals just to rule them out. They are a pain to do, but you need to be sure the crankcase is sealed to get proper draw/flow thru the engine. Any leak will cause tons of problems that may seem carb or electrical replaced. Last winter, my buddies jag 340...we replaced carb...coils...went to replace the stator and could look in and "see" that the mag side crank seal was bad. good luck.

#4 ·
I could do the carbs, I could also do the crank seals and test the cdi box. I've only ever experience one bad cdi on these fury's and that was no spark so I would like to think that's not it. Coils were bullet proof on these sleds. Could be bad plugs or bad belt. It's like anything, I'd have to actually see it in person to give you a better diagnosis. Check the compression, what do you have?

If you're running it in July, you could be experiencing just rich main jets(they were pretty fat from the factory).

68Cat, did you find a piston for yours yet?

#6 ·
I have another engine. I am going to dump it in and see if she starts and runs...wish me luck. 5 years of chasing this animal...maybe this time it will work...LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.