Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

75 Suzuki Fury

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Snochopper 
#1 ·
My brother is a collector and just picked up a 75 Suzuki Fury and a 72 Polaris TX 500 Limited. They have yet to be gone over, restored, or detailed. They Sound awesome especially the Fury with the twin pipes....really snaps! Suzuki Fury Runs great and has right around 800 actual miles. Here is a picture of me by the Fury and another by the 72 TX 500 Limited that he just picked up to restore(Still Filthy).

[attachment=145547:75_Suzuki_Fury.jpg]

[attachment=145548:72_Polar..._Limited.jpg]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
damn, that Fury is beautiful. I could only wish mine would look that nice.

#3 ·
Chasis needs to be polished and buffet out and other then that it is pretty flawless. The Best part is how it runs and performs. My brother and dad took the Suzuki Fury 440 and the Skiroule RTX 440 in the field and touched them off and the Fury hands down is much much faster. Sure is a lot of fun. Do you have pictures of your Fury?

#5 ·
A Fury is a 75 el tigre with some minor changes. The big difference is the engine and pipes. It was suzukis detuned sno-pro motor from 73-4 racing season. 65 hp. The cat motor that year was only 55 hp. This is my sled and it is no where near complete. But it runs. Need more testing and tuning.

Attachments

#6 ·
The down side was the carb boots. They allowed the carbs to vibrate and rotate and not say level. I used 1/2X1/2 alunimun and "racked" the carbs to keep them level. I have no air box, that would probably help.

Attachments

#7 ·
A properly set-up 440 '75 Fury will beat the 55hp 440 El-Tigre trail sled of the same year. This made them a little known weapon to stock 440 trail class grass draggers for the 1975 season. They used the entire 1975 El-Tigre running gear/frame/ etc. The big change being the Suzuki engine verses the stock Kawasaki trail engine. The only Cat that would beat the 1975 Fury was the oval racing 1975 Z with the hot rodded 440 (70hp) big fin Kawy engines that used almost the SAME PIPES as the Fury. The funny thing is if you grass dragged a Z, they probably stuck you in the higher class above the Fury, as the Z was classed a race sled and the Fury was classed a trail sled. This was explained to me by a guy who owned/raced both sleds over the years. Yeah, with the fuzzy rules, a smart guy would run the Fury in trail stock and the Z in race class for certain events. And sure, the hot hex clutch tuning tips and chassis tips for the 1975 Z, also worked on the Fury. Not worthy:
Just a real neat story and lore behind this forgotten sled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.