Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

suzuki fury

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  sixty8cat 
#1 ·
when i was over at my friends house the other weekend he showed me his new sled 75 suzuki fury
im a little jealouse of it. i didnt get any pics of it but all it needs is a seat windshield and hood grill but im pretty positive it willl be out on the trails around chisago county so whatch out :lol:

#2 ·
I found a fury a few years back. It took my a year to round up all the correct parts. Finally rode it on grass last spring. It rips! I freakn can't wait to get some snow and really ring her out!

#5 ·
i cant wait till winter yet i can because i havent got any money for my sled yet to fix it :angry: but their hopfuylly will be some fall push concrete jobs i can get in on Not worthy:

when i was over at my friends he said that he was at an auction and seen it and said i got to get it he got it for like 300 i think he said

#6 ·
Hey Guys
I have a 75 Suzuki 440 F/A sled, I'm second owner, (still have original owners manual) it has no engine, needs a seat cover, and air inlet grill, but the rest is all in pretty good condition.
I loved the sled, rode and raced it for a lot of years, untill 2 years ago. I put a lot into the engine, and sold that engine to a vintage racer friend 2 years ago, and that engine is now in a 77 el'tigre 5000, and is still winning races. Thats why I don't use or need the sled any more. It should go to someone who really wants one, rather than just sitting out on my farm deteriorating.
If anyone is interested in it, I'll let it go for $200.oo CDN, or best offer.
I'm from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and my phone
number is: (306) 373-3185, Ask for Randy

#7 ·
I love reading that article but need to point out it is wrong. The 75 fury is not a 74 el tigre. I have owned 74 el tigres and have had the fury and 74 tiger side by side...the fury is wider. I tried to put 75 fury pipes on my 74 tiger....not wide enough in belly pan. It is a 75 el tigre. Read the article it states "the Cat-Suzuki business details were solidified during the summer of 1974 while Arctic Cat was building the Fury under contract. " Summer of 74??? 1975 model year sleds...right? Just my 2 cents.

#9 ·
Hey Cheetah...measure your tiger from inside to inside the belly pan someplace, like just in front the handle bars. I will do the same and report back here. I will get pics of my fury tomorrow....need a reason to get her out and play...LOL.

#10 ·
Well with all the stuff in the way I measure across the tunnel at the foot rests. I come up with 34 1/2" So I see 2 inches differwence. Plus as ya alol can see my is a work in progress. It was a real mess when I got it. Didnt have the right carbs or clutch. But she runs the way it sets. i will finisher up some day...LOL. I just wanna rip for now...LOL.

Attachments

#11 ·
Yeah...again another project I have no time for. My house projects are killing my sled projects right now.....gotta keep the wife happy! Pretty soon It will be too cold to work on the house...hehe...Heres my old el tigre..

Attachments

#12 ·
Whaaaaooooo....I put that piece in at the hinge to keep the pipe from bouncing around and leaking all the time. They should have done something like this from the factory...LOL. Unfortunatley I sold tigger to make wells-fargo happy.
From the prvious owner I was told he had a sign painter do the ZR 440 graphics to match his newer ZR 440. They also grass dragged this sled.
As far as your exhaust hole, that is rounded out due to the pipe bouncing around from not being secure. I do miss this machine, But hell...now I have FURY! well acutally 2 furys. I have about half another one. But thats another story...hehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.