Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2001 arctic cat atv oil change

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  AY1 
#1 ·
I am still trying to get my ATV all figured out. Where in the world is the dip stick and drain plug on this atv? AND if for some reason it does not start with electric start can i start with pull start if so, what steps do i need to take. Last thing there is a turn knob on the right side on the body of the atv, it says resv, off, on..I assume this is for the reserve gas tank. So if i am riding normal, do i leave on or off? Thanks a ton

#3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dking @ Apr 13 2010, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am still trying to get my ATV all figured out. Where in the world is the dip stick and drain plug on this atv? AND if for some reason it does not start with electric start can i start with pull start if so, what steps do i need to take. Last thing there is a turn knob on the right side on the body of the atv, it says resv, off, on..I assume this is for the reserve gas tank. So if i am riding normal, do i leave on or off? Thanks a ton[/b]
Im not sure about wat type bike u have but you can start it if your electric start doesnt work. On some models there will be a compression release up towards the top of your head on one side or the other. It will look like a little lever or something.
As for as the turn knob goes that is ur for your gas. Alot of my friends say to turn ur gas off when hauling ur bike bc it can flood it. Off position means ur gas is off. When riding it should be turned to on. If u run out while riding u can then turn the knob to resv to get back home or to ur truck or where ever u can get some more gas. Hope this helps u a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.