Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Warn Wireless kit (PN:74500) with AC Warn Winch

8K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jesseiscanadian 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Well after dealing with Warn's nearly useless "technical support", and both of my local Acrtic cat dealers, i cannot seem to get a solution to my quest to get the Warn wireless remote working with my Arctic Cat/Warn cobranded 3000LB winch PN: 1436-064.

Now after opening the AC winch kit box, it immediatly became appearent that installing the winch was going to be easy, sadly the included instruction manual was a WARN manual, this made the entire wiring diagram inside useless, the warn system has a Green and Black wire that runs from the contactor to the handlebar switch. On the AC version it has a Green Black and Blue wire, and half way up the handlebar switch harness the Black wire runs into the harness adaptor, then a red "ignition" come out of it and continues up into the handlebar switch.

Sorry if thats too confusing, try explaining it to someone on the phone who barely speaks english haha

Attached are a couple pictures of my mess, i sure hope someone else has attempted this and been successsful.
Please note the picture of the two green and two black wires is the harness hookup for the wireless control box.
Also the picture of the harness clip shows how there are three wires right from the contactor, unlike the WARN universal that only has two.

My biggest thing is i want to find out why AC has added an extra Blue wire, and if the contactor is different between the AC branded WARN winch and the standard universal WARN winch.

Im sure i've forgot something, please let me know...

and THANKS!, i hope i can go wireless, because the AC branded winch does not come with the wired "extended" controller, again another change in the wiring harness...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
See if this will help. I have the Warn wireless control working on my AC (warn) winch just fine. And this is how I wired it. You will love it. Might want to try the search function as this info is in a thread somewhere on this board.

BTW, make sure you use Electrical dielectric grease on all your connections, ALL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.