NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » Utility Performance / Technical info » my experiance with thunder products Intelajet

Utility Performance / Technical info Utility ATV Performance and Technical Discussions about specific mods, engine upgrades!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #1

Sled: none this is mexico
ATV: 2006 650H1 SE Header-Nology, Intel-a-jet
2007 Mileage: 3002.00
2006 Mileage: 1530.00
Red face

I installed the new "Intelajet" from the makers of Dial a jet (thunder products) and here is the way it went for me.

first of all the "Intelajet" is basically a dial a jet with a few key exceptions.

fist off instead of having five settings like on the dial face it has a nob with "infinite" settings, this works kind of like a camera lens that can change the opening size with a quick twist.

Second this adjustment
instead of being under your seat or in your air box in some hard to reach location is right on your handle bar!

Third the "dial assembly that goes on the carb is 1/8 the size as the dial a jet which makes the install really easy.

The forth and most obvious is its all made out off aircraft grade black anodized aluminum. (its not on the web site yet so don't bother)

I put 200 miles on this set up last weekend and I can honestly say that it is worth every penny I started at a base elevation of 5500ft and went to almost 9000ft and I was able to trim back my fuel curve on the fly I even did it at 45mph once(not really a good idea because you have to have one hand on the throttle and and I used my brake hand to do the adjusting kind of irresponsible I know) as a side note I have two thunder products TPI valves on my air box lid and a full NOLOGY pro fire,hot wire, and silver spark plug setup
so I can actually fully utilize the extra fuel that I pump in at sea level and really use the extra air at elevation. some pics will follow as soon as I wash my 650.

the throttle response is really a marked improvement, I can almost pull weelys at 5500ft with an otherwise stock machine and the rear shocks on the softest setting. my fuel consumption was actually improved a bit(les fuel), but was some what offset by my new slightly more aggressive riding style. it just feels so good to punch the throttle its almost like a 2 stroke. as far as top end i am still limited by the rev limiter on mine (no CDI yet, I wanted to have something to unleash first) so no extra top end but it hits the rev limiter much faster (1/4 faster very noticeable).
I have thought about getting a thunder cat and I would honestly put one of these on a EFI with a remote float boll and pump it full of octane booster.

long and short of it. my lower back kind of hirts' from slamming the throttle to much out of corners. I'm putting on the header(black magic) today so well see if I can richen it up after that. so let me know what you think. '
ediverudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2008, 08:39 AM   #2

ATV: 2006 400 Auto FIS (Two of them)
Pictures? Links? Anything else?
Warn 2500Lb. Winches
Aluminum Roller Fairleads
Winch hook mounting point
K&N Air Filters w/ UNI type Pre-filters
Arctic Cat Lunch pack for front rack
Kolpin Wet/Dry large pack for rear rack
godless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 AM   #3

ATV: 07 650H1
2007 Mileage: 800km
very interested!! i was going to order a dyno jet kit for mine when i do my pipe, this sounds much better. But i don't know too much about this sort of thing. With the 'dial' adjustment on the handle bar is there any chance of changing "Jet" sizes so to speak unintentionally? I would only increase or decrease the size of the main? Or is that all that is needed. This is more for elevation and weather changes rather than something like pipe swaps, where the pilot or needle might also need adjusting?

More to come...speedwerx slip on pipe, dyno jets, HID conversion

"....'cause if there 'aint dirt crusted in your eyes, sand in your boots and mud splattered everywhere...whats the point!?"
limey650H1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #4

I'm sorry that I didn't get the pictures up yet all do that as soon as I can. I put the Black magic header on yesterday and did not have to change the main at all I just twisted the knob a little to the right and got it to where it felt really good and that was it. it might be a good idea to adjust the pilot jet a little bit but as of now it didn't seem like a problem. Because the dial a jet and the intela jet both work from jet past idle to full throttle. it feeds fuel linear to engine load (only exactly as much as you need because of engine vacuum and the acoustic signal of the motor, read the Dial a jet technical article http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm ) so when you make a adjustment to it if its to lean the dial a jet will compensate for it as long as your in range of its capacity if you move it to far you can feel it dramatically. Its pretty idiot proof, well until you find a sufficiently talented idiot that is.

As far as accidentally moving it you would have to be in a pretty horrific accident for it to move by accident. I'll have to get the pictures later as I have to get ready for a ride tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Banned

Banned
ATV: 98 300 4x4
taker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:37 PM   #6

The pics will be up tomorrow guys sorry for the long delay, trying to work 3 jobs and ride on the weekend is starting to catch up with me.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #7

Red face

here we go their finally up. sorry about the wait guys.
the yellow hose is the air hose (they use fuel tubing) that goes to the "jet" which is actually mounted right in front of the carb on the air boot.
The jet actually has two fittings on it, one for the air which comes from the unit on the handle bar, and the other for fuel which it takes from your float bowel. You can adjust the amount of air that goes into the mix and the fuel is automatic, so its kind of like adjusting the jet but your really adjusting the other side of the mix as well. every time you add more air to the jet it compensates with more fuel. I have no pictures of the "jet" because its do tight on a cat in that area. and I didn't think it would show up very good anyway (besides having to pull a side off to get a good picture).
Attached Thumbnails
my experiance with thunder products Intelajet-p1010088.jpg   my experiance with thunder products Intelajet-p1010089.jpg   my experiance with thunder products Intelajet-p1010090.jpg   my experiance with thunder products Intelajet-p1010091.jpg  
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #8

Sled: 02 ZR CCE EFI (sold)
ATV: 07 650 H1
2007 Mileage: 350
Don't mean to pry but mind telling us what you paid for this since it isn't listed on there website yet. I'm very interested!
Shrub88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 2009 TCat
2010 Mileage: 600
2009 Mileage: 170
2008 Mileage: 610
2007 Mileage: 460
I wonder if it works for the V2 also?
CAI

Wife's atv:
2009 550 H1 EFI
///Airdam stage 1 & 2
Machined ITP SS108's
Outlaw 25" MST's
Viper Max 3000 lb winch
HosStoppers
Millertime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #10

sorry that it took so long to get back to you (I thought it would send me an e-mail of the reply but apparently it wasn't checked)

As far as working on the V twin I don;t think there is a model that has a duel jet single adjuster but you could put 2 on like you put 2 dial a jets on. I'm sure you could rig up a y connector for the nob like you have on some vacuum hoses in cars. I wold call thunder products and ask about it ask for Lawn and tell him Erik from Mexico told you to call.

as far as the price its $199.00 not as inexpensive as a dial a jet but I've had both and the intelajet is better in every way.
as a little side note the inventor of the dial a jet held 120 drag racing world records ( for motorcycles).

the whole bike just got smoother and more powerful when I put it on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » Utility Performance / Technical info

Search tags for this page
dial a jet reviews

intelajet

intelajet from thunder products
intelajet review
intelajet reviews
thunder products
thunder products dial a jet
thunder products dial a jet review
thunder products dial-a-jet
thunder products intelajet
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.