Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

clicking noise from brand new arctic 500

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ArcticFrost 
#1 ·
hey whats up. I just bought a brand new 2017 arctic cat 500. I was riding around the yard going like 12 mph, and I kept on hearing a clicking sound coming from my tires. I was wonder what this could be? I think its a cv joint. if its not, let me know. thanks

#2 ·
Perhaps the rear brake. Mine clicks and sounds just like a cv joint.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Did you burnish your brakes?

#5 ·
Theres a thread somewhere here showing a spring being added.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
fishhunt757, welcome to the forum. I see your in Williamsburg... I'm in VaBch.
Under the tools section, there is a search function that will reveal many of your questions because most of the issues you'll encounter have already been covered... and not all are issues, but more of questions. Just make sure you use the advanced search and point it to atv's.

Did you burnish your brakes like doorfx asked? Many that get new atv's (ME included) just get on them and ride and forego reading the manual... burnishing the brakes is in there but that mainly eliminates sqweaking... not the clacking that your referring too...

here is the thread being talked about... http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/general-atv-discussion/444914-cv-joint.html
1 time free of charge... :)

Also, make sure that you go on the countrycat.com web site and download a service manual, look under the technical section.

Cheers
Alex

Reactions: fishhunt757
#9 ·
X2^^^^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.