Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1000 Mud Pro Oil Pan!

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ziemann 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where i can find a replacement oil pan for my 2011 Arctic Cat 1000 Mud Pro.
Mine is cracked beond repair and i cant find a place online to buy one to save my life.

Thanks in advance! :gbeerchug:

#3 ·
X^2 how did you crack yours ?

#5 ·
Well its still to be determined but others on the forum are saying my oneway bearing or blevel gear went bad i haven't pulled the pan yet due to moving to a different state.

Ive showed the crack to a few welders and there all suggesting me replace it cause the crack is close to mounting holes and up and over ridges in the pan.

where i relocated to there is an arctic cat dealer and service center i mite end up giving them a shout and see what they will charge its riding season and im dieing to ride!

#6 ·
Have you tried moving it before you spend the money on the pan ?

#8 ·
The bottom of the engine isn't really an oil pan, its part of the crank case, which is machined assembled, and must be replaced as a matched set.

Post a picture of the carnage.

the picture below, I've circled where they break when the bevel gears come unglued. Usually happens from landing a jump at full throttle, but could happen any time you have a ton of wheel speed, low ground speed, and instant traction.

Attachments

#11 ·
I agree this is definitely best but I have a salvage yard and over the years I've had people buy just one half of a crankcase and use it instead of getting both. Normally its on sport bikes where the chain has jumped off and busted the left side case. I've never had anyone actually say they have had issues when doing this. Do you think that there is enough difference in the machining process when making the cases to actually cause problems if not using the complete set of cases?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.