Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

rear master cylinder question

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  doorfx 
#1 ·
Hi gang, 2012 550 trv. Looks like a little plastic nipple broke off on the rear master and leaked all the fluid out. Still have front brakes, but lever goes in a lot more. Rear not working at all. Is that because air is now in the rear system? Will my fronts continue to work independently? Also, do i just need a fitting to connect front to rear and bypass foot pedal cylinder?
My main concern is the fronts staying working for the weekend,,i'm camping about 3 hrs from a dealer. Thanks, Frank

#2 ·
That plastic nipple was the rubber cover over your bleeder screw I would think. Yes you will have no brakes till its repaired. It is not safe to drive it like that.

#3 ·
Thanks Merv. There is a bleeder close to where the plastic piece is. If it were just a c i ver, itshoulnt have drained the cylinder, right?

#4 ·
You are talking about the master cylinder that is connected to your foot brake right ?
Or are you talking about the reservoir under the seat ?

#5 ·
Well Merv,,,2 years later and I havent fixed it yet. Still riding it without rear brake. I think I will splitter block and just bypass the rear foot brake for now instead of buying a new master cylinder. I guess I procrastinate sometimes,,,,,

#6 ·
Lol sometimes life just gets in the way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.