Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Water pump seal

3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Freak11970 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2009 Mud Pro 700. I have coolent coming out of my weep hole. After doing some research and talking to my arctic cat mechanic, sounds like it's the mechanical water pump seal on the shaft. Now arctic doesnt have that seal for my quad. I would have to buy a whole new water pump. But arctic cat said they do sell a rebuild kit for a mud pro 1000 and not the 700. Can someone tell me if I purchase the rebuild kit, can I use the seal from it on my atv?

Thanks!

#2 ·
The water pumps are different part numbers. I would say no. The best way to find out is to go to countrycat.com and look up a water pump for yours and for a thundercat and compare part numbers. It's a little time consuming, but i prefer to get my information first hand.

#4 ·
Have you checked the other 700's? On my 500 the service manual said it's a non servacable part. But I was able to order everything to rebuild it. I would also call another dealer just incase your dealer is trying to make a $ off u. When u do find the parts make sure to order all seals gor that area. When I did mine 1 seal looked like it was on the back and not needed.. Nop it was needed and had to wait another week. Also order gaskets for that area. Cheaper to change then realize u need em after

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
Every part for your 2009 mud pro water pump (part number 0813-001) is available separately. With the exception of the two drive gears, you should be able to rebuild that pump for about 50 bucks. Or you can buy a new one for $130 if you search enough.

#8 ·
Hey, yah I saw that, but in that diagram there is actually no seal. Which is what I need. Im from Canada and the cheapest I can get is 260 bucks for a water pump. It's very annoying arctic cat won't sell the seal separate. So I'm hoping to find the seal from a different water pump.

#12 ·
So, I found this. Weird, but it says it works on a lot of atvs that take the same water pump 0813-001 as yours- for example the 650 H1 pump is supposedly the same. I don't know- I've spent most the morning looking and this is all I can come up with. Good luck in your search.

Attachments

#13 ·
Hey freak11970 thanks for your help and time! Appreciate that a bunch! And yah they do use that pump in lots of machine I guess, saw that too while I was looking. Worst case Ill get another pump. And zrock I will do that, I will take it to arctic cat and see if I can match it up with somthing!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.