Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

06 400 4x4 electricial issues.

659 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rupp2cat 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

New to the forum. Been lurking unregistered for a little bit but decided to join. Have a few electrical questions that I've searched but the posts were quite old so i figured there may be some updated info

1. The digital dash on my quad stopped working. I've tried the battery disconnect overnight, cleaning the connection at the pod itself, tracing wires. None of that worked. Is there any other info that can be had with this problem? Do powersport companies ever issue recalls with things like this? Seems to be pretty common issue.

2. Next is the brake light. For some reason when I start the quad, the brake light is on at the same time. When I hit the rear brake on the floorboard the light completely shuts off. What could be causing this?

3. The third and final issue I have been having is with the headlights. The lights turn on fine when I turn the key all the way but only the low beams work. I can switch from Low to high but only the low turns on.

I know this is a lot of info but I figured I'd ask in one thread instead of clogging up the page. Thank you in advance for the info. Hope someone can help!

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to see you joined up !!
Sounds like you have a bare or rubbed wire. You will have to remove your plastics and check every inch of wiring till you find it. Out of the fuse box where it crosses over the frame are common to corrode or rub through. Along the frame on the right side of motor and around the steering column.

#4 · (Edited)
1 on your gauge i would try forcing Ox-Gard down into the female connections and plug it in and out then it back in,and see if it works, if not then check your wiring to the gauge, 2 the spring on your brake light switch should be hooked to the top bracket with the little notch in it, 3 check your head light bulbs to see if the high beam element is not burned out, the bulbs on your atv run both the high and low elements at the same time when on high beam, also check your hi beam fuse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.