Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Wrecked 4 Wheeler

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Dontfollowmeyouwontmakeit 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
X2 I hope she is ok !! You can replace a wheeler

#5 ·
The wife is good, sprained wrist and right side is sore, my son has a sprained ankle.

She was riding on our a trail on our property that we regularly ride.

From what I've seen the frame isn't bent.

The headlight assemblies broke completly from the mounting screws, so I'll have to get new ones.

The winch doesn't work, when I press the button you can hear the battery click, but nothing from the winch.

I took off the sport rack thingy, and used a hand winch to straighten out the front, it looks better now.

No mechanical damaged to the atv other than possibly the winch. Once I got it clear of the tree she smacked into I was able to drive it up the hill to the house, it still runs and drives fine. No shaking or wobbling.

#7 ·
Check the oil cooler/rad I had someone shmuck a tree with mine and it slammed the winch into the rad, rad into the fan.... lookin at pictures there is no oil cooler/rad... odd but lucky.. headlights can be put back together with some mighty putty... saves some cost off the hope otherwise they are about $140/each as I recall. bars are clearly bent 50$, steering post might have taken a shock its worth a look into, check the bushings and tie rods. Your winch plate will be twisted, but just get a new/straighten old bumper and bolt er back on. the big cost on mine was the oil cooler and bumper

#8 ·
How's the old girl running?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.