Utility ATV repair and maintenance & Troubleshooting Place your Utility ATV Repair and Maintenance questions/thoughts here... *not performance*

Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #21

Well i pulled my carb apart today not positive i measured the float bowl right but if i did it was right around the.7in mark so i dont think that is the problem i took the cover off for the belt to see if mabey that would somehow be causing it and that looked fine as well still waiting for my dyno jet kit but i dont see how that would change anything as my main jet is clean and clear do you think it would be something electrical? This is really starting to piss me off not being able to figure out why i cant go over 25. Any other advice would be much appreciated. Also are the K@n filters that bad i've seen a couple others on here with them but aparently there really bad for my engine i hadnt heard that before dont want to hurt my quad. Any input as why or why not to have a K@n is also appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by countryb90; 07-12-2011 at 04:20 PM.
countryb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator  
Super Moderator
Thanked 1,111 Times in 1,032 Posts
ATV: 07 500 auto
Do you still have gas pouring out?Measure your belt with a caliper 35mm minimum. No mouse nests in your airbox or intake? Clean filter? What does your sparkplug look like?.
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--
2013 700 XT trv eps stock

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #23

Gas hasnt really poured out mabey a few drops here and there but not pouring out. I need to get a cailper. So im not sure if i did something wrong but when i was messing with the belt at one point it was loose and then when i turned it it was tight again should it alwasy be tight no matter what or was something wrong i even drove it with the cover off which i know your not supposed to do but i wanted to make sure it wasnt causing me to top out at 25. Just took off all the air filter piping its all clean got a new K@N air filter in it as well but it had the same problem with the old air filter as well. Put a new plug in it a month ago but it looked mabey alittle rich not too bad tho i checked the pilot screw and it was set at around 1 and 1/2. Doesnt seem any of these things would make my quad only go half throttle. It revs prefectly fine in neutral and does fine in low gear but high gear above half throttle the engines kinda just pops and revs higher but doesnt go any faster almost feels like its hiting a rev limiter or something weird.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 06 400 Auto
2009 Mileage: 300
2008 Mileage: 400
2007 Mileage: 400
2006 Mileage: 600
Belt min on 400 is 28.5mm. Is the battery low? If so the rev limiter will kick on. Try holding the reverse override button and see if it speeds up ( bypasses the limiter).
27-10-12 27-12-12 Maxxis Mudbugs on stock steel wheels
a few fender washers per stud on front and 1 1/2" wheelspacers on rear
EBC solid rotors and sv pads
EPI wet springs
EPI secondary spring reclocked 90
primary machined 1.5mm by ///AIRDAM
1.2mm shim in primary
2" snorkels
UNI filter
Dynojet kit
Yost idle mixture screw
slide drilled and spring clipped
exhaust mod (swiss cheese can with 2" outlet) and pipe wrapped
diamond plate rear inner fenders
sanny shock bushings
wyo's caster mod (2 degrees steers great)

01 raptor <strike>660</strike> 719
stock rear shock and swingarm
Indiana Mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 AM   #25

I did have to jump it to get it going right when i got back cause the battery was too low. I think i did try holding the override in didnt seem to make a difference but mabey i'll try that again would be awesome if all it was was the battery mabey it time for a new one.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #26

How do i measure the belt is that the width? or how much it can move in between? The belt would have to be really loose to make it slip that bad and i dont think it would always do it at the same speed seems like the rev limiter must be kicking in? I do know that a while back before the bike sat for 5 weeks i went trhough some water and it died on me didnt get in the air box or anything but when i pulled it out it wouldnt start and kept flashing volt on the screen let her sit for a while and it fired up and worked fine after that do you think that would be the cause of anything its not flashing volt anymore but im thinking the battery still might not be were it needs to gonna throw it on the charger and check it see if we can get some more juice out of her thanks again yall.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #27
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 06 400 Auto
2009 Mileage: 300
2008 Mileage: 400
2007 Mileage: 400
2006 Mileage: 600
Yes width, I let one get to 27.9mm and it slipped a lot on takeoff but didn't lose all that much speed. When it wouldn't start after being in water the float bowl probably had water in it sucked up threw the drain/vent on the bottom of the carb. I've saw carb slides get stuck after having the carb open also.
27-10-12 27-12-12 Maxxis Mudbugs on stock steel wheels
a few fender washers per stud on front and 1 1/2" wheelspacers on rear
EBC solid rotors and sv pads
EPI wet springs
EPI secondary spring reclocked 90
primary machined 1.5mm by ///AIRDAM
1.2mm shim in primary
2" snorkels
UNI filter
Dynojet kit
Yost idle mixture screw
slide drilled and spring clipped
exhaust mod (swiss cheese can with 2" outlet) and pipe wrapped
diamond plate rear inner fenders
sanny shock bushings
wyo's caster mod (2 degrees steers great)

01 raptor <strike>660</strike> 719
stock rear shock and swingarm
Indiana Mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #28

Update yall i got the dyno jet kit put that in there also put the stock filter back in as i've heard the K@Ns dont seal for **** so mabey i can bring that back. Well after putting it all togerther its still doing the same thing. I tried pushing in the reverse overide but it wouldnt change it toppin out around 25. The override still worked in reverse put it in 4 wheel drive and back still no change. Checked the batter and threw it on the charger for awile sittin right around 12 off and 13.5ish while its running. So that shouldnt be the problem didnt notice any fuel coming from the float drain. THe bike started up great and runs really good up to half throttle. So i maxed it out at 25 and then hit the kill switch and let it coast too a stop when i checked the belt it was really loose after it rolled to a stop is that normal? Its really tight and snug when its going slow or you let it slow down but when i hit the kill switch going as fast as i could and let it coast to a stop the belt was really loose any insight on that? It seems as tho mabey its not shifting into the next gear or something but i didnt think the belt should ever change how much tension is on it. Any more help would be muchly appreciated kinda stomped on this thing. Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #29
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator  
Super Moderator
Thanked 1,111 Times in 1,032 Posts
ATV: 07 500 auto
Again....you need to measure that belt.
Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--
2013 700 XT trv eps stock

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #30

I definitly will dont have anything to measure it accuratly with at the moment is it supposed to change tho like it was loose after going faster or whats up with that?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » ATV's » Utility ATV repair and maintenance & Troubleshooting

Search tags for this page

03 arctic cat 500 4x4 wont go past 25

06 rhino 660 wont go over 25 bogs sputters

2009 yahama rhino 450 cuts out 25mph

how to make my polaris 500 atv go over 25mph

loose power at half throttle on polaris ranger 700

rhino 660 bogs

why would a artic cat quad bog out in high then stop working in high and start bogging out in reverse

yamaha rhino 660 boggs out at 25 mph

yamaha rhino boggs out at 25 mph

yamaha rhino wont make power

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.