Old 12-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #1

Cat Comm system

I bought a TZ1 LXR 2008, Does anyone have the instruction manual for Cat Comm system? I can't find a website for downloading the manual.

Thank you
Luc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: Jaguar Z1
10-11 Mileage: 600
09-10 Mileage: 500
Try contacting a dealer, they maybe able to get you one. Several are sponsors on this site.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by Luc25 View Post
I bought a TZ1 LXR 2008, Does anyone have the instruction manual for Cat Comm system? I can't find a website for downloading the manual.
I feel your pain. It's almost impossible to get manuals or documentation from Arctic Cat. EVERYTHING is done through their dealers and if you don't have a good dealer - or there isn't one near you, you're out of luck. It's a terrible customer service model.

Anyway, I do have the Cat Comm manual. I tried attaching it to this post but the upload failed. Send me your email address and I'll email it to you.

I do have a question for you-
Do you have to have a headset plugged in in order for the Cat Comm data to display on the dash gauge (as shown in the manual)? I don't have my headset here to test my new system and when I have the sled running and cycle through the display on the gauge (as shown in the Cat Comm manual), I see nothing for the Cat Comm system.

I hate to keep saying bad things here - but Arctic Cat has horrible documentation. They kind of cover the high points but leave out a LOT of details. My dealer charged me six hours of labor ($550) to install my Cat Comm system. He said the installtion instructions were terrible. He said he actually spent more like ten hours on the install but only charged me for six.
bertschb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #4

Hi
Today I tried to get a manual from the dealer. He did not have it. He said that he would look for it, however it does not look like he will be able to find one.
I just bought my headset from Arctic cat. TZ1 LXR 2008, the Cat communication system came with it. I haven't tried the system yet because I am waiting to get my hands on this manual since this system is new to me.
I am posting my email address, thank you for any help.
Luc
Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #5

Manual successfully downloaded

I have successfully received your email. I will work on my sled tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help. I hope you have some snow to enjoy your winter, here it has been raining for over 24 hours and the snow that we had litterally melted away.

Again thank you, Luc.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #6

You're welcome! We've had quite a bit of snow already this year. I get to try my new sled this coming weekend!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #7

Can anybody tell me if the Cat Comm data displays in the deluxe gauge as soon as you turn the ignition on? I just had my Cat Comm system installed but nothing shows up in the gauge.

The system actually works (barely). I need to adjust the VOX and volume but I can't get any of the Cat Comm data to display. Acording to my owners manual, you can make several adjustments to the system via the deluxe gauge buttons. But, nothing shows up on mine.

The owners manual doesn't say how to get the data to display. That's why I'm wondering if it's supposed to just show up when you turn the ignition on or if there is some magic sequence of button pushes that activates the Cat Comm menu.

Any help would really be appreciated!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #8

Cat Comm system

Hi
Ignition ''on'' I did what the manual said and can do all settings like shown in the manual. The display indicates the time. When you push the select button the time display changes to the code number and channel display. Did you see on the display, the channel and the code ?
Luc
Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 AM   #9

Thanks for replying Luc

I don't have the sled with me right now but if I recall correctly, the display switches from the time to the altitude when I press the select buttun. I never see the code and channel so my system isn't working correctly.

Now the hard part. My dealer is 200 miles to the north. My sled is 200 miles to the south :-(
Old 12-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #10

I figured out why the Cat Comm data didn't display in the gauge - the dealer installed two wires incorrectly in the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the gauge. My wife and I spent three hours tearing everything apart in order to get to the wiring harness then switched the wires and reassembled. Everything works great now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » Touring, Pather/pantera...ect

Search tags for this page

arctic cat cat comm

arctic cat cat comm communication system
arctic cat cat comm pinout

arctic cat cat comm system

arctic cat communication

arctic cat communication system

arctic cat communications

cat comm

cat comm arctic cat
cat communication system
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.