Old 02-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #1

Sled: '08 TZ1, '91 Panther, '80 Trail Cat
08-09 Mileage: 600
07-08 Mileage: 200
06-07 Mileage: 100
ATV: Arctic Cat 400 '04
I was wondering if there was anyone out there that owns a Bearcat 570? I have been thinking of buying a Panther 570, but when I saw that the Bearcat had the bigger track, removable 2-up seat, mountain bars, and wider skis I thought this might be more suited to what I would want. I am looking for a snowmobile that I can use for ice fishing where I'd be pulling a sled behind, and do some off trail riding, but still have a comfortable sled for single or 2-up trail riding. Could anyone give me a report on how their Bearcat does both on and off trail?
bjflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #2

Is there anyone out there at all that owns or knows someone that owns a Bearcat 570?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #3

Sled: 2006 sabercat 500
My friends dad has a Bear cat 570 and he loves it. Its an 06 one and he hauls his ice shack out onto the lake with it. It has a lot of torque and the big track is awesome for trail breaking.
SABERCAT500EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #4

Sled: 2005 Bearcat 570
ATV: 1995 Suzuki 250 4WD
Bjflash,

I own a 05 Bearcat 570. Finally we have gotten a foot and a half of bottomless snow up here in Maine to add to the previous foot and a half of bottomless snow. Time for Operation Bearcat! One word - incredible! It will break trail so easily due to it's 16x156 track and the low gearing from that wide ratio clutch. My other sled which is similar to a Panther 570, my 2000 Yamaha Venture XL was struggling to break the same trail, as I had to go much faster than I would have liked to keep the Yamaha, with it's conventional clutches, in it's powerband. So comparing breaking trail between a Panther 570 and a Bearcat is like night and day. Bearcat is nice and easy, ease on down the trail. Panther is frantically keep her spooled up in it's powerband, hoping to maintain control on tight powderbreaking manuvers.

Like most people, breaking trail in bottomless snow is maybe only 3% of my riding, what about the other 97%? I thought I'd never say it, but that Bearcat 570 is a rocket. I thought that wide ratio clutch would mean this machine would go maybe 40 mph tops. Boy was I surprised. How about 80-85 mph without breaking a sweat ? I discovered that my Bearcat is just as good of a long distance touring machine as a Panther, but when I turn off the groomed boulevard, and head on down the goat path, I have a machine that's up to the task.

I should have bought one back in 2000 rather than that 2-up Phaser, the Venture XL. Finally I have a snowmobile that can creep as well as cruise on down the trail. As far as I'm concerned, all sleds should have that wide ratio clutch. It makes easing onto the trailer or into the shed so much less stressful. I'm even amazed at the Bearcat's tight turning circle and it's ability to back up in powder.

It would be a great sled for ice fishing. It has so much torque due to the wide ratio clutch, it should pull the shanty well. Mine certainly had no trouble pulling the dead Yamaha back to camp. But that's a story for another day.

You won't be disappointed. For us non Blair wannabees, the Bearcat 570 is the best sled Cat makes.
venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #5

That clears up any concerns I had as to how trail friendly the Bearcat was. I also thought it would be a slow sled due to the wide ratio clutch, but 80-85 mph would more than enough comparing it to my '91 panther that tops out at less than 65. I also thought it would have a wide turning radius due to the long wide track, but you stated that it has a tight turning circle.

I have had experience with Bearcats in the past, but never the 570. My dad had a '95 Bearcat 340 that was a nice sled, but tended to bottom out when 2up riding and was quite underpowered when in the deep stuff. I also have friend that works for Arctic Cat the got to take a Bearcat 660 home for a weekend and despite the fact that that was heavy, it would go through anything put in front of it.

I'm convinced, that is the sled for me. It appears that for not much more money than a Panther 570, it has much more features and off-trail ability to it's advantage.

Thanks for the Posts!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #6

Sled: 2005 Bearcat 570
ATV: 1995 Suzuki 250 4WD
Arrow

bjflash,

The tight turning really surprised me, because that beast is so long. In powder where the skis had bite, I swear it turned in about a 18 ft radius, maybe in 2/3rds the distance as my Yamaha. The powder was half way up the side of the cowling, I couldn't see the tips of the skis, and this Bearcat was just easing through this U-turn. I was sweating it, because I was anticipating the deep do-do I'd be in if it was my Yamaha trying to perform this manuver. Finally I can break trail and not worry about getting stuck, not worry about lugging the engine too much, where it breaks in protest. I always waited for the trails to be somewhat packed before venturing down them with my Yamaha. Not anymore.

This Bearcat has changed my snowmobiling. I love feeling that Bearcat creeping along, floating through the powder. And I only stayed away from getting a Bearcat because I thought it was too slow for trail riding. How wrong I was, and I squandered countless opportunities to enjoy powder because of it.

My Yamaha has almost 12,000 miles, and I'm starting to think about a replacement. The 4 stroke Bearcat Wide Track has my interest. I've seen what the 16x156 track will do. What about the 20x156 track? The WT weighs 120-150 lbs more than the 570. Hmmm. Weight to steamroller through anything? Or weight to get so stuck I need to call in a skidder to get me out? I'm seriously thinking Bearcat 570 for local riding, and Bearcat WT for long distance touring, and goat paths far afield. That $10,000 gives me pause.
venturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #7

Sled: 2005 T660 Turbo 06 570 LX 07 F5LXR
ATV: 2004 Polaris Sportsman 500
Do any of you guys pull a groomer with a 570 Bearcat? I was thinking of getting one to pull a 4x8 Mogul Master copy, dont really want to spend the money on the 660 Turbo Bearcat. I have a 05 660 Turbo (single up not two up) and love the machine and motor, just a lot of cabbage for grooming.
monkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 AM   #8

Sled: Thinking about it
ATV: 2005 500 Auto, (S)lime Green
quick questions... what's the diff between the bearcat 570, panther 570 and pantera 570? all 2 up. thougth they were all that same sled with diff names (like the sierra and silverado)
Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #9

Eros,

The Panther 570 has a 15x136" track, the Bearcat 570 has a 16x156" track. The Bearcat has a wide ratio clutch for extra pulling power. The Bearcat has adjustable ski stance and wider skis, Panther doesn't. Bearcat has a removable 2up seat, Panther has a fixed 2up seat. Bearcat has a mountain bar handlebar, Panther doesn't. Panther I believe has a sway bar and the Bearcat doesn't.

Basically the Bearcat is a worksled, while the Panther is a trail sled.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #10

Sled: Thinking about it
ATV: 2005 500 Auto, (S)lime Green
cool thanks.. looks like bearcat's for me... just have to find an older one.. don't have the bucks for a newer one...

what years of sled were problematic for the bearcat, if any? when did most of the cool features get incorporated into the design.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » Touring, Pather/pantera...ect

Search tags for this page

2004 arctic cat bearcat 570

2007 bearcat 570
570 bearcat weight

arctic cat bearcat 570

arctic cat bearcat 570 reviews

arctic cat bearcat 570 weight

bearcat 570

bearcat 570 review

bearcat 570 reviews

how fast does a 570 bearcat goes
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.