Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Port and Polishing

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  firecat99 
#1 ·
Hey I am thinking about doing some port and polishing on m zr 600. Anyone have any tips or recommendations to go by?

#2 ·
See if Race Logic has templates available for you engine. I bought their templates for my old 580 and am pleased with the product and results. There is not much to worry about with polishing, but just remember to keep it to the exhaust side, don't try it on the intake side.

#4 ·
A easy mod for the ZR500 & ZR600 is to double up the base gaskets and remove .018 of off the head surface. Add a set of twin pipes and they come alive!! Its hard to only grind 1/2mm off the transferports as the nicasal is that thick!!

#6 · (Edited)
Never heard that before but, I could see where you could have some gains. I would recommend having an experienced person do the porting unless you're really good with a die grinder. Re-plating is expensive. Honestly for the price you'll get more power from a pipe than porting. Either way you should tweak the clutching to realize the maximum performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.