Sled Mods & Tech-Tips Learn the best tips/tricks from people have done it before.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #1

How do I recover my seat?

I have a 1996 Puma, and I want to recover the seat. I know that you need to get cold crack vinyl, but I can't seem to find any other tutorials on how to do it. It doesnt seem all that hard, but I don't really want to pay $140 for the seat cover. So if you have done it can you please give me a tutorial and show me pictures of yours? Thanks
laurasautographs is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Sponsors

Sponsors
 Quote: Originally Posted by laurasautographs View Post
I have a 1996 Puma, and I want to recover the seat. I know that you need to get cold crack vinyl, but I can't seem to find any other tutorials on how to do it. It doesnt seem all that hard, but I don't really want to pay $140 for the seat cover. So if you have done it can you please give me a tutorial and show me pictures of yours? Thanks

I've got a guy here local in NC that does a FANTASTIC job recovering seats. They're an automotive upholstery place and can do it in any color with various materials. I typically get the gripper style material and they usually about $40.00 materials and labor!

The first one they did I had them just install a seat cover I bought off ebay, the last three i've had done i've come out cheaper letting them supply the materials as well.

Might be worth your time to carry the seat to an automotive upholstery shop and have them price it, for $40 it's a bargain and a much better job than I could do!

2005 Arctic Cat 650 H1 LE
28" Monkies on LE Whels
Whoolie Shop Underbody LEDs / Snork LEDs
Twin 5" Vision X Evo Prime LED Offroad Lights
Stock Headlight Delete
Viper Elite 4000 lb winch
Airdam /// w/ fixed plate mod
Racked Rad
Full 2" Snorkels

Ask me about LED Lighting & Accessories for your ride
www.whoolie.com

pondtunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #3

Quote: Originally Posted by pondtunes View Post
I've got a guy here local in NC that does a FANTASTIC job recovering seats. They're an automotive upholstery place and can do it in any color with various materials. I typically get the gripper style material and they usually about $40.00 materials and labor!

The first one they did I had them just install a seat cover I bought off ebay, the last three i've had done i've come out cheaper letting them supply the materials as well.

Might be worth your time to carry the seat to an automotive upholstery shop and have them price it, for $40 it's a bargain and a much better job than I could do!
I wish I could find one that cheap! The places I checked all wanted between $150-200. Maybe I'll check some more. Anyone actually did it though?

Last edited by laurasautographs; 01-30-2012 at 01:20 PM.
laurasautographs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #4

How YOU would recover it is with duct tape.
Otherwise trial and error are not on the side of a man wanting to spend little to achieve positive results.
$40 is a gift !

Joe
73 Cheetah 440
JStCroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #5

Sled: EXT 550 EFI Mountain Cat
08-09 Mileage: 50
Well it's not perfect but it's 4.5" taller and no tears. I cut the factory foam and shaped it with an electric bread knife, built a frame underneath. I reused the side peices since they were still good and used that as my pattern to cut the new vinyl. Blue was the only color I had so on it went. I had to teach myself how to use the wifes sewing machine but with a bit of trial and error it all worked out. I spent probably the better part of a day but free is good.How do I recover my seat?-sled-20mods-20002.jpg

How do I recover my seat?-finish-02.jpg
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » General Snowmobile Discussion » Sled Mods & Tech-Tips

Search tags for this page

diy snowmobile seat cover

diy snowmobile seat stitching

how to recover a snowmobile seat

how to recover snowmobile seat
how to replace seat cover on snowmobile
how to reupholster a snowmobile seat
installing snowmobile seat cover
recover snowmobile seat
snowmobile seat cover patterns
snowmobile seat recovering
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.