Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

05 zr 900 upgrades

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  stevem5215 
#1 ·
what are you guys running for upgrades ie; clutch,shims,boon docker???

#2 ·
I have just bought i used ZR 900 with timing key,ported, CPI twin pipes and kick ass filters. In this condition the dyno says 183hp on 98oct (euro spec)pump gas-the seller also included a BM billet head, and together with racing fuel it adds on 15hp. I will probably never put that one on-to mutch to hazzle with rejetting and adjusting the clutch to feel any difference...
The short test runs so far shows exellent performance! My first plan was to buy a >-04 F7, but then i came across thisone, and no regrets-until the first breakdown that is ;)

#3 ·
2005 900zr efi here running 2.5 degree timing key 10.4 secondary with 52/42 helix and orange spring stock spring in primary with heavier weights would have to look at actual gram i forget at moment but at least 1-2 grams heavier very happy with it in the field and also on the top end not much to compare to though in group i ride with this year Boondocker, SLP twins, and EGt guages just starting to install when i get them done and some test time in will let ya know but 170-175 horse it should rock if i can get it to the snow will probably need to complety change clutching for pipes will see

#5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mike's t cat @ Dec 5 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
looked at stock stuff purple drive clutch spring, 83 gram wghts,driven pulley white with a 50/38 helix. is it worth the clutch upgrades[/b]

same as everything else to each there own so to speak i know i like mine with the clutching seems to pull good and has good power up top the parts i listed were put in more for top end then bottom so depending on what you are looking for talk to Dan maybe at ODS he helped with mine and is great to deal with he knows his **** ans prices seem as good as anywhere

#6 ·
My 04' 900 EFI with DD has the 10.4 with the 50/36 helix and the red spring. Also has the RKtek DD update on it. The primary has 85 dalton's on it with a purple spring. I have a Speedwerx Y pipe and SLP "quiet can". This setup has been good for me. No hesitation and it trenches the track at takeoff like there's no tomorrow with 168 studs. I really like this setup.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.