NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Side by Sides » Prowler » automatic choke, Starts and Dies

Prowler ArcticCat Prowler Forum. Contains all discussions for ArticCat SideXSides / UTVs.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #1

Sled: NONE
ATV: 2007 650H1/XT,2001 honda rubicon
2009 Mileage: 200
2008 Mileage: 400
2007 Mileage: 400
2006 Mileage: 400
[attachment=147894:101_0302.JPG]I have a 2007 650H1 XT with 127 miles that i just bought, and i am still trying to work out all the bugs in it.
One problem is that it will start fine, run for a bit, and then dies, almost like the choke is coming off to early.. I uped the idle a bit which worked, but after that i was unable to put it into gear due to the clutch spinning to fast, so i turned the idle back down..My question is, does anybody know if there is a mod or even if you can put a manuel choke on this thing????

Another problem that i am having is the shifter seems to be messed up, Seem pretty hard to get into gear most of the time,even at a low idle, then others slips right in.. Any ideas
Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Attached Thumbnails
automatic choke, Starts and Dies-101_0302.jpg   automatic choke, Starts and Dies-101_0303.jpg  
dnspream is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #2

ATV: 2008 650 xt
Try running some carb cleaner through it. Being an 07 with 127 miles, it has set quite a bit.

As for the shifting, try putting it all the way down inlow, and then pull it up into high. This seems to help get into high, especially when the bike is cold.
jcsandsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 2010 XTZ Prowler
Mine is the same way, I start mine, stalls, shut key off to reset choke, usually starts and stays running second time but can be 3 times.

As far as the shifting get it good and warmed up then set your idle, mine is set at 1400 rpms by the cats tach.

When it comes to shifting from gear to gear that if I give the throttle a short snort and shift just as the idle comes back down it shift really well.

Yes you can get a different carb that has a manual choke if you want to spend the bucks on one, usually over $400.00.
Attached Thumbnails
automatic choke, Starts and Dies-100_0965.jpg  
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail - Brake lights/Tellico Short Tailgate straps/Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/2-Fat Max storage Boxes in bed/Tiger Tail Towing system

Still to come

Custom shifter
Stereo
triplej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:26 PM   #4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jcsandsrt @ Feb 13 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
Try running some carb cleaner through it. Being an 07 with 127 miles, it has set quite a bit.

As for the shifting, try putting it all the way down inlow, and then pull it up into high. This seems to help get into high, especially when the bike is cold.[/b]
$400.00 OUCH!!As far as the carb cleaner , are you talking about the add to the fuel stuff or would it be better to pull the carb and do it that way????

I tried puting it into low the other day and was unable to get it back out until i shut off the motor. Just seemed like i had to put a lot of force on the handle to the point of bending something, I didnt want to do that so i turned it off..

PS thanks for the reply guy's I Really appreciate it...
Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
Team ArcticChat

Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
ATV: 2010 XTZ Prowler
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
 Quote:
I tried puting it into low the other day and was unable to get it back out until i shut off the motor. Just seemed like i had to put a lot of force on the handle to the point of bending something, I didnt want to do that so i turned it off..[/b]
That is where the snort of the engine works well. Just put minimal pressure on the shifter give it a snort and it will slide right out of gear. Takes some practice but once you get it down you will find you do it quite often unless you are on flat trails. When it's on any slope when stopped I find that I need to do this.
27" Grim Reaper Tires/Home Made Roof/Arctic Cat Mirror/Quadboss Folding Windshield w/ home made support bar/LED Tail - Brake lights/Tellico Short Tailgate straps/Venom 4000 lb Winch/Amsteel synthetic line/Home Made Doors/Custom Adjustable Seats/Custom Oh Crap bar for passenger/Tonneau Cover/2-Fat Max storage Boxes in bed/Tiger Tail Towing system

Still to come

Custom shifter
Stereo
triplej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 AM   #6

ATV: 2008 650 xt
For the carb clleaner, I put arctic cat carb cleaner (in fuel) in mine when I change the oil.
jcsandsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #7

Thanks for all the help guys, I really Appreciate it..
Thanks again
Old 02-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #8

ATV: ThunderLemon 1000
2008 Mileage: Depends upon Fa
Probably too lean in the colder temperatures. I'm quite sure it would help to open the PMS screw another 1/4 turn or so. When it warms up and gets hot, you can close the PMS down to where it was for the hotter temperatures. Cold air needs more fuel. On my 650 H1 engine I seasonally adjust the PMS screw when the temperature requires also close it down some when spending a lot of time at high altitudes also and open it back up when I return to the lower altitudes.

Stock jetting is quite often lean and good for sea level at 70 degrees F. Every 15 degrees colder than that requires 2% more fuel approximately. If one want optimal performance at cold temperatures a complete rejet of, PMS, Pilot, Needle and Main may be required. But most of the time a small adjustment on the PMS will get you by.

Troubleshooting First Steps, An amazing number of problems are cured with just these two items.

1. Make sure your battery is FULLY Charged.
2. Try a new spark plug.

Search threads, Check Pinned Section. Pinned Topics Manual or wiring diagram? Manuals
http://countrycat.com/ccstore/index...._Diagrams.html

Improving Search.

Better results when searching for specific information. To find threads where ALL the words, instead of ANY of the words "650H1, Carb, Jetting, Needle Jet, Snorkel" were found...Open up a search window in www.google.com In the find box type without the quotes "650H1 Carb Jetting Needle Jet Snorkel site:Arcticchat.com" & Press return. Find threads, replies or topics by a specific member; just by inserting their user name into the search list; Chances are, your problem is NOT unique and it has been solved many times before.

Are you in a hurry to get an answer?
Use the Google Search Tip
Wyo_H1_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Side by Sides » Prowler

Search tags for this page

2006 artic cat prowler electric choke

2007 arctic cat prowler 650 dies when put in gear

arctic cat 90 atv starts then dies

arctic cat 90 starts and then dies

desert cat 90 auto choke

how to put a hand choke on 2008 650 prowler

is there a way to test a jet starter on a 2007 kfx90

kawasaki kfx 90 difficulty starting

kfx 90 auto choke

zx6r 2008 auto choke start
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.