NavbitArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Side by Sides » Prowler » Long Travel Suspension for AC Prowler ??

Prowler ArcticCat Prowler Forum. Contains all discussions for ArticCat SideXSides / UTVs.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #1

ATV: Prowler
2007 Mileage: 200
New to ArcticChat Hello all!

Use my prowler mainly in Glamis and western dunes.

Wondering if anyone has any info on Long Travel Suspension options for the Artic Cat Prowler? Any links, photos, threads... any info is welcome!

Also... would be interested in reading articles/info on engine swaps for more power. Once again, any links, photos, threads... any info is welcome!

Thx D
socaldirtmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-16-2007, 04:18 AM   #2

Sled: 2012 Proclimb M800
ATV: 09' 700 H1, thundercat (sold)
Look for a member named "Dentless" he knows all about lomg travel suspensions
Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #3

ATV: 09 Prowler 1000XTZ
Hey SoCal......UTV Specialties here in Phoenix can do both. I got my long travel from them about 8 months ago. They also can do the engine swap. The 800 Bombardier is the hot motor for these things. You can contact UTV Specialties by calling Rick @ 602-859-8761 or Brent @ 602-390-4373. They are great guys, and can answer all your questions. Here are a few pics of my long travel.......

Dentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:31 AM   #4

Sled: 2012 Proclimb M800
ATV: 09' 700 H1, thundercat (sold)
I knew he could help
Old 11-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #5

Hey thanks guys, just the info i needed! d
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #6

Dentless, thanks for the info, UTV suggested i call Desert Dog Off Road for the 800 swap info... called no answer i'll try tomorrow. Do you have the 800 in yours? Know anyone who does?

The longtravel kit looks great! How do you like it, how much travel does it have, any problems,and of course... how much!???

On a seprate note... the wife smoked the belt on the prowler this weekend on the road to olds hill in Glamis, going 15-20mph? she was less than thrilled since our 5 month old baby was along for the ride when it broke down Luckily the nicest young couple stopped and towed us all the way back to to the old glamis store/train tracks, even when they were camped the opisite way on Gecko Loop!

wondering what clutch/belt everyone recomends... i'm only going to get so many chances to get it right before moma puts her foot down!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #7

ATV: honda 250r 06 prowler
2007 Mileage: 700
Hey that prowler looks familiar did a guy named otto own it.I have two prowlers with the rotax 800 one is stock and I turboed the other one.Jay from desert dog offroad did the swaps.desert dog is open tuesday thru saturday.heres jays cell # 602-332-5601.
warlock250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #8

warlock250 Yes Otto built it, turbo 800 hummm, sounds good... which set up to do like the best? and problems with turbo setup?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 AM   #9

ATV: 09 Prowler 1000XTZ
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (socaldirtmod @ Nov 19 2007, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
 Quote:
Dentless, thanks for the info, UTV suggested i call Desert Dog Off Road for the 800 swap info... called no answer i'll try tomorrow. Do you have the 800 in yours? Know anyone who does?

The longtravel kit looks great! How do you like it, how much travel does it have, any problems,and of course... how much!???

On a seprate note... the wife smoked the belt on the prowler this weekend on the road to olds hill in Glamis, going 15-20mph? she was less than thrilled since our 5 month old baby was along for the ride when it broke down Luckily the nicest young couple stopped and towed us all the way back to to the old glamis store/train tracks, even when they were camped the opisite way on Gecko Loop!

wondering what clutch/belt everyone recomends... i'm only going to get so many chances to get it right before moma puts her foot down![/b]
The long travel is awesome. I broke a couple of tie-rods before doing the kit. I was tired of cutting the weekends short, so I went with the full suspension. No problems now. Everything is stronger and it rides so much better. It is about the same price as most other long travel kits. It will run you about $5500 depending on powdercoat and shocks etc. Hunterworks has a new stronger aftermarket belt out for the Prowler now. That should help. I don't have the motor swap done.....yet. I did the Mikuni carb, K&N filter, CDI, and exhaust. It runs pretty good now. We are off to the dunes for Thanksgiving. I think we are going to camp at Ogilby this weekend.
Dentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:35 AM   #10

ATV: honda 250r 06 prowler
2007 Mileage: 700
The stock 800 works awesome and the turboed setup hasnt been a problem yet.the turbo setup is somewhere around 100hp to the ground and the stock motor makes probably 50 to the ground. But either way they are awesome and reliable fuel injected motors.I would only recomend the factory belt for any machine we have seen to many belt failures with aftermarket belts.All of the belt manufactures have a great sales pitch but they never seem to deliver the same results in the field.
warlock250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Side by Sides » Prowler

Search tags for this page
adjust arctic cat long travel suspension
arctic cat prowler 700 long travel
arctic cat prowler long arm suspension
arctic cat prowler long travel suspension
how much suspension does a arctic cat prowler have
long arm travel kit for arctic cat prowler

long travel suspension

prowler engine swap

suzuki carry engine swap
utv motorlar
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.