PROCROSS XF 2012 + chassis

Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #1

suspension adjustments

sad when 122 people view your ad and no one can answer my question. you would think arcticcat would have someone on the site who could give me an answer. this is why i am seriously considering a ski-doo for my next purchase. everyone i ride with drives a ski-doo. there has to be a reason!
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Team ArcticChat
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Sled: 2013 XF800 SP green
10-11 Mileage: 1410
09-10 Mileage: 850
08-09 Mileage: 1300
07-08 Mileage: 1100
I replied to your original post. Please remember that we are now in the "off season" in most places so people are not on here everyday. I am pretty sure that this site is not a Arctic Cat manufacturers sponsored message board so don't be mad at Arctic Cat, it's just enthusiasts like yourself who help one another out. Also, don't base your sled preference on who replies or doesn't replies to your threads on a message board. If you like Cat, stay with Cat. If you don't like them, then by all means switch. Life is to short to be un-happy.
Looks like #13 bites the dust
Retro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Retro6 For This Useful Post:
dadszr Administrator (04-19-2012), kalebtimberlake Moderator (06-13-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #3

Sled: 2000 600EFI Powder special, 2012 XF1100
10-11 Mileage: 2400
09-10 Mileage: 2500
07-08 Mileage: 1000+
Hey Claude, I have the same sled as you, XF1100 LXR na. I saw your other post, but couldn't give you a solid answer because mine us up on a lift in storage.

From memory, I would guess that it sags less than 2 inches with no weight on it, and another 2-3 inches when I have my 230 lbs of body, gear, and storage bag on it. This was a bad year for trail conditions, and I noticed some of the same thing as you on stutter bumps, but I was able to go over them faster and smoother than either of my buddies, one on a 2012 Renegade and the other on a 2012 polaris (don't remember model)

I did spend time working on my suspension adjustments, and right now, I have the ski springs adjusted so there is about 3" of thread showing. Initially, the sled would bottom out too much, so I tightened the rear spring in the back so that it has about 1.5 inches of thread showing, but I loosened the front spring in the back so that less than 3/4" of thread is showing, I left the limiter strap at the factory setting. I have thought some about getting the Zero Pro shocks revalved, or looking into dual rate springs, but have not done anything there. Overall, I think the sled rides great in most situations, but the seat is quite a bit harder than my Z1 was or either of my buddies rides, so I was thinking about doing something with that as well.
Wyelde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wyelde For This Useful Post:
dadszr Administrator (04-19-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #4

Sled: 2012 XF1100 Turbo LXR
Turbo LXR. I too was somewhat dissapointed with the ride quality, leading to much experimentation with suspention settings. Started by stiffening fronts in an attempt to compensate for the not impressive stock carbides. Not very successful. Replaced carbides with full length 4"(I'm not studded) then had darting like a Yamaha. Rechecked and realigned skis then started readjusting. Qualifier on my final settings; I'm short(5'7") and about 170#geared up. Thus I sit mostly on the very front of the seat. My final settings: skis 2 1/4" (1 turn less thas factory), center 1 3/8"(+9 turns, cured darting)rear 5/8"(-2 turns). I believe Cat has some learning to do with set ups on rider forward chassis. As Skidoo learned with the rev, the center spring carries more of the rider weight and needs to be stiffer for proper handling IMHO.
As a side note I'm considering adding coupler blocks for trail riding, ran out of season for trying things.
ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #5

Xf 1100 lxr

Quote: Originally Posted by Wyelde View Post
Hey Claude, I have the same sled as you, XF1100 LXR na. I saw your other post, but couldn't give you a solid answer because mine us up on a lift in storage.

From memory, I would guess that it sags less than 2 inches with no weight on it, and another 2-3 inches when I have my 230 lbs of body, gear, and storage bag on it. This was a bad year for trail conditions, and I noticed some of the same thing as you on stutter bumps, but I was able to go over them faster and smoother than either of my buddies, one on a 2012 Renegade and the other on a 2012 polaris (don't remember model)

I did spend time working on my suspension adjustments, and right now, I have the ski springs adjusted so there is about 3" of thread showing. Initially, the sled would bottom out too much, so I tightened the rear spring in the back so that it has about 1.5 inches of thread showing, but I loosened the front spring in the back so that less than 3/4" of thread is showing, I left the limiter strap at the factory setting. I have thought some about getting the Zero Pro shocks revalved, or looking into dual rate springs, but have not done anything there. Overall, I think the sled rides great in most situations, but the seat is quite a bit harder than my Z1 was or either of my buddies rides, so I was thinking about doing something with that as well.
My sled is pretty good but I would like a little more adjustablity on the rear skid shock. Maybe a damping adjustment. As far as steering I find its not bad for a long track. I just slide ahead on the seat and tap the brake and way I go at the corners. If you find a dual rate spring or a shock with a little more adjustability please post what you have found. Thanks
EC300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator  
Super Moderator
Sled: 2013 F 800 SP
10-11 Mileage: 2850
09-10 Mileage: 3000
08-09 Mileage: 3500
07-08 Mileage: 2150
06-07 Mileage: 1500
I had a 800 SP XF last season. I ended up going with coil over reseviour shocks to help with sag/ride height and yet still have some adjustability. It did help on my sled a lot. I was still trying to get the front skid shock dialed when we ran out of snow, but I had the rear skid shock set to my happy place.

I had moved the limiter strap settings a couple of times during the season trying to get the front end to plant. The end result was going back to stock settings and getting more aggressive with skis and carbides.

If you want to run the whole sled stock, you need aggressive carbides and more pressure than you normally run in the rear shock for trail riding. Lighten the front skid spring until almost loose but leave the limiter straps out. The front of the skid is tuned right to the max with the geometry of the arm. Running shorter limiter straps really robs the ride quality.
We stopped to eat and noticed other riders coming in with snow jammed in their helmets, jackets and gloves. They had snow everywhere. We looked out the door and couldn't see across the street. Six inches of snow fell while we ate a few burgers. That was the start of a great ride.
favoritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #7

Coil Over with Reservoir

What was the name/brand of the rear shock?? My dealer wanted me to try one of those air adjustable shocks. I like my coil over shock but want more adjust ability. Thanks
EC300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » PROCROSS XF

Search tags for this page

2012 fx1100 suspension adjustments

2013 arctic cat xf lxr suspension adjustiment

adjusting procross suspension

arctic cat procross suspension setup

arctic cat suspension adjustment

arctic cat suspension adjustment 2012xf1100turbo

arctic xf drag suspension setup
f8 artic cat sespention ajustments
how to adjust suspension artic cat f 800 pro cross 2012

procross ride height

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.