Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

LED on handle bars

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Savageman69 
#1 · (Edited)
So it seems there was some confusion on my last post regarding this topic. I apologize for that, I was talking about mounting LED lights on a 2016 ZR6000 LTD.

I have since mounted the lights. Have not driven in dark yet but thinking it will be nice to have some light pointing in direction of steering.

Wired it all from rear battery with a relay tied into high beam.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh yeah it's cold up here but honestly have never been while riding, compensate with good clothing. I have been out of commission since installing and haven't trail tested as of yet. I can say that just this evening I was out in shed in complete darkness and the lights lit the shed up when turned to the side and made factory look like crap flashlights. I really think this is going to change my night riding a lot as we have some twisty trails with lots of big brown speed bumps with antlers in the area.

#4 · (Edited)
i allways liked that the light went where you pointed the bars on the old yamaha fazers and exciters and they had real weak lights on them, so you may have a great setup. did you pull the fuel tank to run your wires in the slot in the tank ? when i pulled my tank to put pads under it like yamaha does on the vipers so i would not get the slime running down the side of my tunnel like most cats have, i found my brake light wires were not in the slot. so im lucky i caught that be fore it shorted out. i sure love this little green 600 ltd ive had so many people say they just love the way it looks, race ready i say its a putt putt compared to 800's but still fun ,light ,fun

#5 ·
hmmm makin me want to put a led bar on my riser now lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.