Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

2012 XF1100 Turbo coolant tank replacement

19K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Chad Larry 
#1 ·
Can anyone give some advice on how to replace the coolant tank on the 2012 xf1100? I tried to remove the frame member that is running tight to it but cant get it to slide out of the way and now I have a nut that came out of the tube (not sure hoe to get that back in either) I have fought with this stupid split tank for way too long. Thanks

#7 ·
Arnies Cat House Coolant Tanks

you have to loosen all the spars from the top steering post mount, to be able to remove the spar that holds the tank in place.

I've been hearing about guys that are going to make an aluminum tank since 2012, have yet to see one.

Heres the tanks from Arnies Cat House

Attachments

#4 ·
expansion tank

I have two of the 1100 turbo's that the tank has ruptured . I believe I see the issue and have modified my new tank"s . The over flow hose connection in the tank has a very small hole going into cap bleed area and the radiator cap has a gasket on top . Your cap relieves at 16 psi witch is high to begin with . Now if your machine does get hot and the water cannot get out of that small hole , your going to build more pressure yet and your tank is going to come apart at seem . I have drilled that outlet out to 3/16" , the hole originally isn't even 1/8" . Just be careful that you don't drill into the seat area for the rubber seal of the cap . This is my opinion and have not had any trouble since . Have put on a lot of miles .

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply Krom. I had already figured it out. What a pain in the butt. Arnie's cat shack sells aluminum tanks but they are just under $300.00, so I went with an oem tank. I will now be running with my scratchers out no matter what the conditions are. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.