Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Nice try BRP, but we won

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  guudasitgets 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What's next? Are they going to try sue the rest of the manufacturers for making a machine with 2 ski's and a track? They should give it up already.

#3 ·
#5 ·
The suit says sleds made between 2007 and 2011. Those were not the Procross sled.
I know what the suit says, if you read it further they filed it against the SnoPro 500 and a Pyramid design. If you read more they claimed they invented a riding position. When I saw that years ago I wondered who had the patent on Peeingh standing up.

Doesn't matter anymore they through it out of court and it's all done.

#4 ·
They were not labeled and sold as procross to the consumers, however they were designed and called by cat in the R&D world as the procross 4, that name was used internally at TRF for the different platforms.

And besides, this will be hung up in the court systems for years and years and years, there will not be any sort of payout, they will offset the judgement with some shared technology, meaning Doo might give the inside scoop to cat for something.

Face it, we are getting to the point in the snowmobile industry where new and "original" ideas are getting hard and harder to come up. Shot start from Skidoo is really one of the more newer features to be designed from the ground up.

Although I'm still waiting for the lawsuit to come down the pipeline from Polaris to sue everyone for putting a pull rope starter system on their sleds.

#9 ·
Glad to hear BRP lost. Back in the 90's I worked at a now defunct dealer that sold Ski-doo and Arctic Cat. They also fielded a Ski-doo drag race team of some notoriety. When the new shop service manuals (yes they were books then) and parts lists were available for the new model year they always got two sets of the Arctic Cat ones. One set for the shop/parts dept...the other set went unopened directly to the regional factory Ski-doo rep. who would pick them up himself. I know this because I worked in the parts dept and service...I saw it all happen.

Ski-doo's company motto should be: It's not enough that we succeed...everyone else must fail!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.