Doo 850; Does my 800 need to worry - Page 2 - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum

Procross - Proclimb Chassis General Discussion General talk regarding 2012 & newer

Old 12-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #11

Sled: 14'El Tigre, 16' ZR8000 Limited
07-08 Mileage: 500
06-07 Mileage: 350
Your going to love the Diamond S can!

Quote: Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
What do you guys think, They are claiming 170 horse, They were claiming or letting others claim there old E-tec was about 160, we all know now that was inflated.

So of coarse true to form; my Doo bud just had to have one so he spring ordered. And I'm already getting hints how he and his other Doo bud are going to really shellac me this time. (I toasted him last year so he's really hurting from that)

I already got a shopping list compiled just in case;

Speedwerx Hypershift Clutch kit (GregB, is this your kit?)
Bikeman Y-pipe (they said I don't need a Programmer, Speedwerx does)
Diamond S Titanium Quiet Can (measured same as stock db according to my buds meter)
Arctic Cat front skid spring (just for a little flatter cornering)
I've had a chance to put on about 100 miles with the Diamond s can and I'm telling you, your gonna love it, sounds awesome at any speed! Saves 18 lbs as well!! My advice, change out that heavy "stock" battery with a lithium, save's about 13 lbs!

If you do the Speedwerx clutch , let us know your impressions.
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #12
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Sled: 2015 ZR 8000 El Tigre' '16 ZR 6000 LXR
ATV: 2014 1000XT & 2009 7OO H1 SE
I did the Boyesen Rad valve this past summer but i havent ridden it yet. I did an overnight trip but rode the 2016 ZR600 LXR to break it in. I love that sled, what a smooth ride and the 600 is very peppy.
Are you planning on reeds for your 800?
Sounds like in order for him to beat you, his sled cant be at the dealer in 100 pieces.lol Ahhhhh a light weight exhaust system that isnt louder than stock? geez that only took 40 years! Nice to see they're listening to us. I need to know what you mean by "sounds awesome at any speed" different tone? louder? quieter?

“How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?”

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Up the creek without a saddle. The straw that broke the camel's neck.. Archie Bunker
tiggershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #13
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Sled: 2015 ZR 8000 El Tigre' '16 ZR 6000 LXR
ATV: 2014 1000XT & 2009 7OO H1 SE
What part number do you order for the ZR 8000 pro cross? I went to the site but they only listed the proclimb model.
edit.. scratch that, I looked it up, they take the same stock resonator pro cross and XF, pro climb.
This has got me interested. If I get one and dont like it, will anybody take it off my hands at a slight discount?

“How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?”

I want to share something with you: The three little sentences that will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Up the creek without a saddle. The straw that broke the camel's neck.. Archie Bunker
tiggershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #14

Sled: 15'ZR8000 LXR, 98 ZR-600
 Quote: Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
My advice, change out that heavy "stock" battery with a lithium, save's about 13 lbs!
I worked for an industrial battery company for a long time and we did testing on them when they came out. They don't hold up in very cold temps. I ain't changing what works when it comes to batteries. Plus the fact I can still get any battery I want through them now that I'm kind of semi-retiring. Stick with the stock one you eat too much or fill it up too high or pack a little extra oil and your little meaningless 10 pounds is nothing

guudasitgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:36 PM   #15

and I'm not looking for sound, I don't care if it sounds like a V-4 Hay Baler. Like a certain successful racer once said,

"we'll put our numbers up, let everybody else write about it "
(guess who said that?)

Old 12-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #16

Reeds are already in there. From what I read nobody every saw anything on the dyno from just throwing reeds on

Last edited by guudasitgets; 12-25-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #17

Thumbs up From my research and experience .

Quote: Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
I worked for an industrial battery company for a long time and we did testing on them when they came out. They don't hold up in very cold temps. I ain't changing what works when it comes to batteries. Plus the fact I can still get any battery I want through them now that I'm kind of semi-retiring. Stick with the stock one you eat too much or fill it up too high or pack a little extra oil and your little meaningless 10 pounds is nothing
From my research and experience, at least for the lithium battery I bought, says it does very well in the cold. And from experience, unless you have a gel type battery the standard electrolyte/ water cell batteries do not hold up very well in the cold! FYI I maintain back up batteries and battery components at a Nuclear facility so I have a little background here! A lot of are engineers are looking closer at the lithium batteries as replacement for are wet cell types(changing any system, especially battery backup for safe shutdown in a Nuclear facility is almost next to impossible), that is the main reason we have not switched!

And yes, you will notice 13 lbs of less weight when it is at the "high" center of gravity where out batteries are located.

For sound of a aftermarket can, unless you really like hearing a Chainsaw in your ear for 200 miles a day, I would recommend the Diamond S! It's super light weight (check), sounds a lot better than stock, NOT obnoxious and ear piercing at WOT(check) and from dyno runs, makes a little extra power(check), plus looks awesome!
So am I missing something
Old 12-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #18

Talking Diamond S

Quote: Originally Posted by tiggershark View Post
I did the Boyesen Rad valve this past summer but i havent ridden it yet. I did an overnight trip but rode the 2016 ZR600 LXR to break it in. I love that sled, what a smooth ride and the 600 is very peppy.
Are you planning on reeds for your 800?
Sounds like in order for him to beat you, his sled cant be at the dealer in 100 pieces.lol Ahhhhh a light weight exhaust system that isnt louder than stock? geez that only took 40 years! Nice to see they're listening to us. I need to know what you mean by "sounds awesome at any speed" different tone? louder? quieter?
The Tone is deeper, throatier...BETTER! a little louder, but not much! Just sounds so much less restrictive than the stock suitcase!

I almost bought the BMP ceramic trail can, but from the video sound bites I saw and reviews to confirm it, where it sounded good at start up and idle, at WOT it was obnoxiously loud(chainsaw like), I had a can like that once, hated it after my first 100+ mile trip!

I'm going to get a better video made for youtube of start up, idle, and drive by at different speeds to give people a better Idea. The video I have now doesn't do it any justice!
Old 12-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #19
Administrator

ArcticChat.com Admin  
Administrator
Thanked 2,508 Times in 2,304 Posts
ATV: 07 500 auto 13 700 XT trv
2010 Mileage: 800
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 800
 Quote: Originally Posted by doorfx View Post

Dynojet/142m/45p/3rd/3turns--Clipped and drilled--Unifilter--Easy adjust PMS--L.C.V. mod--AC Swaybar--Exhaust mod--2"Snorkels--Sanny shock bushings-- Airdam stage 1--PSC phase 2--21/ 23gr rollers--Dalton yellow spring--.7mm shim--Sanny Steerlites--RTR Flex Bracket--2 up seat / pegs--Tach--AC handguards--28" Outlaw mst's--Skull tailight--Skull shifter--Self Resetting Breakers--1" Wheel spacers--Customcncparts Steering Damper--AC deluxe handwarmers--6000k HID'S hi/lo--AC Deluxe Bumpers--Inline Fuel Filter-- O2 sensor \AFR guage--Black Magic Full Stainless Exhaust System--Wireless Winch Remote--29.5 Outlaws--Fox Podium X Rear Shocks--
2013 700 XT trv eps stock

It's mind over matter,If you don't mind,
It just doesn't matter

No Boost No Bottle
just balls and throttle
doorfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #20

ATV: AC 500M and 400M FIS
2007 Mileage: >2000 mi/yr
To make it fair, tow a trailer to haul back all the parts that fall off, oh, and a tow rope.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » Procross - Proclimb Chassis General Discussion