Coolant leak - ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum
Procross - Proclimb Chassis General Discussion General talk regarding 2012 & newer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Coolant leak

Took the sled out for a quick ride last Saturday everything went well. Last night I noticed a very small spot of coolant under it. Started looking and noticed a drip is hanging on to the driver. I've searched high and low for a source of the leak but haven't found any. I see no damage to the heat exchangers and the clamps I can reach all seem to be tight. I guess I'm gonna have to tear it down then pressure test the system. Anyone have any ideas? It's a 2015 Zr 6000 rr. A few months ago during my preseason inspection I put about a cups worth of coolant in it. Thought it was just from the system burping out air pockets.

"A woman can never love you as much as a dog and I can prove it. Lock them both in the trunk of a car and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out." Not sure who said if first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsmustang View Post
Took the sled out for a quick ride last Saturday everything went well. Last night I noticed a very small spot of coolant under it. Started looking and noticed a drip is hanging on to the driver. I've searched high and low for a source of the leak but haven't found any. I see no damage to the heat exchangers and the clamps I can reach all seem to be tight. I guess I'm gonna have to tear it down then pressure test the system. Anyone have any ideas? It's a 2015 Zr 6000 rr. A few months ago during my preseason inspection I put about a cups worth of coolant in it. Thought it was just from the system burping out air pockets.
Could have just been a little over full? Clean it off and run it. Make sure the tank is not over filled or it will push the excess out. Run it again and then take a look see.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-22-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

I noticed it is over full. I'll pull some out and keep an eye on it. The only thing that makes me unsure is the location of the drip. Thanks

"A woman can never love you as much as a dog and I can prove it. Lock them both in the trunk of a car and see which one is happy to see you when you let them out." Not sure who said if first.

Last edited by brownsmustang; 12-22-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-23-2016, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

ArcticChat.com Moderator

Super Moderator
Sled: 2017 ZR 800 RR
10-11 Mileage: 2850
09-10 Mileage: 3000
08-09 Mileage: 3500
07-08 Mileage: 2150
06-07 Mileage: 1500
I lost a heat exchanger from hairline cracks inside the tunnel protector rails. Do you have studs and tunnel protectors?

We stopped to eat and noticed other riders coming in with snow jammed in their helmets, jackets and gloves. They had snow everywhere. We looked out the door and couldn't see across the street. Six inches of snow fell while we ate a few burgers. That was the start of a great ride.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-23-2016, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by favoritos View Post
I lost a heat exchanger from hairline cracks inside the tunnel protector rails. Do you have studs and tunnel protectors?
No studs

post #6 of 11 Old 12-24-2016, 08:37 AM

Garage
Sled: 15'ZR8000 LXR, 98 ZR-600
It isn't all that much to pull the tank, look and see if you have a loose clamp somewhere, bottom of the coolant tank, motor mounts,

Heres your cooling system

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me whom I have not repaid in full"- Roman Dictator- Sulla; 81 B.C.

We'll put our numbers up, let everybody else write about it- Rick Mears on pole day

post #7 of 11 Old 12-24-2016, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
It isn't all that much to pull the tank, look and see if you have a loose clamp somewhere, bottom of the coolant tank, motor mounts,

Heres your cooling system
Thanks for the diagram! I'm gonna sneak out and tear it down as soon as the boy goes to bed.

post #8 of 11 Old 12-26-2016, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Didn't have to tear it apart. I pulled the secondary and could reach the clamps. Really wanted to pressure test it but the local big box parts house didn't have the cooling system pressure tester for the small rad cap.

post #9 of 11 Old 12-30-2016, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Put a pressure tester on it tonight couldn't get it to leak so I'm good to go. Thanks for the help.

post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2017, 12:01 AM

Sled: 012 800 Retro, 016 ZR 6000 limited
10-11 Mileage: 1500
09-10 Mileage: 2000
08-09 Mileage: 1100
07-08 Mileage: 2000
06-07 Mileage: 1500
Sounds like what I had going on. Found a bad molding job on the fitting below the reservoir, that's welded into tunnel heat-x. On the fitting part that your hose goes over, little lip at top, and surface where the hose clamps. On that clamp area was a drip of aluminum. If that doesn't say nuisance mystery drip, I don't know what would.
The Following User Says Thank You to retro randy For This Useful Post:
brownsmustang (01-07-2017)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum > Snowmobiles > Arctic Cat Snowmobiles > Procross - Proclimb Chassis General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode