I finally got a chance to put a few miles on my 16 ZR8000 after doing a few(much needed) mods! I know I've posted in a few threads some my mods but here is the list and my impressions in 1 thread/ based on 100 miles of mixed conditions(groomed and not groomed trails), Temperature between 15-25 degrees F.
Hope this Helps for people that may have been considering the same mods or have had "Pushing" issues like I did
1) 144 1.325" Gold diggers up the middle 1-2 2-1 pattern /doubles and singles.(About $300??/ I found Dennis Kirk to have best prices on these studs/ Backers search Ebay)
2) C&A Pro RZR's with 7.5" stud boy Shapers(Country cat seems to have the best price on RZR's?)
3) 4th wheel kit (arctic cat's)(#6639-621/$98.99)
4) Diamond S Titanium "quiet" can($460 with discount code from there Facebook page)
5) Battery Tender Lithium battery(EBAY-put in your current battery model# for replacement/ $160??)
6) Knee pads(A must if you like to ride aggressive at all!)(#5639-764/$41.99)
Front QS3 ski shocks stock from factory set at #2 setting
Rear skid all stock from factory/dealer rear QS3 Shock set at #2 setting and torsion spring set at #2(I'm a 190 lbs)
My riding impressions when I first got this thing (All stock), was a nice ride on all trail conditions(137" skid is just PLUSH), but this thing just felt heavy and pushed in the corners with the stock ski's/ dual offset 4" carbides set up:-( . Plus, without the studs ,it was a handful in ICY or hard pack conditions.
Now with these mods done, handling in the corners is improved 10 fold! The sled just goes and turns where you want it to go with virtually NO pushing what so ever! Stopping and accelerating is night and day different with the Studs, so much more confidence inspiring! And it still rides just as plush as ever. I can't wait to get it up north on some Really good trails and put some serous miles on this beast!
Also it may just be in my head, but with losing just 30lbs, between the Can and the battery, it does feel lighter
Now the sound
oh lord does this thing sound GOOD, I'm telling you at Idle, cruising or WOT, it sounds awesome, not obnoxious at all! (No chainsaw here, if you know what I mean) just good deep sound, expensive,YES but In my opinion, worth every penny!
At first I was a little disappointed compared to my 14 El Tigre 6000, but I think I found the sweet spot!