Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Reverse cause engine to shut off

12K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  tnbuck 
#1 ·
Need help solving this problem. Have a 2012 M800 SnoPro, unit runs fine but when you put it into reverse the engine dies. Thought possibly it was too cold so we drove the sled to bring it up to operating temp and tried it again. The engine shut down. Checked resistance on temp sender and found it to be good 2675 ohms at 66F. Checked reverse switch and found 0.3 ohms with the button depressed and infinite when released, which is within spec. Even checked these specs at the ECU pins and found same results. Anyone have any ideas.

#7 ·
Okay I finally got back to this project. Changed the plugs and loosened belt tension and checked reverse operation, unit still stalls. Removed belt and checked reverse operation, it went into reverse but when I changed back to forward it stalled:angry:. I installed the belt and went for a drive to check operation as I cleaned the exhaust valves while I had things apart. I noticed when the engine rpm's increased the high beam indicator would dimly light even though we were on low beams. Any one seen this?I dunno

#9 ·
The high beam indicator does not come on at start up but rather when you rev the engine up past 3000 rpm. It remains dimmly lite until the engine comes below 3000 rpm. I am suspecting a bad bulb, broken low beam filament making ground through the high beam filament?I dunno Kind of crazy how much you have to take apart to change a bulb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.