PROCROSS F/ZR 2012 + chassis

Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
BL'sF7's Avatar
 
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ontario
Thanks: 105
Thanked 56 Times in 52 Posts
Sled: 2013 800 RR 2006 F6R da wifes
07-08 Mileage: 2400
Chain case oil change

Hey guys I changed the oil in my chain case yesterday (13 800 RR) getting it ready for another season.. I wanted to share how I did it with you guys... I'm sure many of you know this trick but this is for the ones who don't.

There was no way I was gona split my chain case apart to drain the oil and if there is a plug well someone please tell me.

I took my sucker/filler gun (mostly used for gear oil in Differentials) and added an extra 2ft piece of hose to the end of if. (snowmobile gaz line).

I fed it down the chain case filler hole, there's a sweet spot and once you find it it's easy.

In three pulls I was able to draw out the old gear oil, bone dry, no mess, 16oz of fresh stuff and good to go!

Cheers

Chain case oil change-dsc00823.jpg

Last edited by BL'sF7; 12-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.
BL'sF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BL'sF7 For This Useful Post:
higshemi (07-12-2014), SnoGasm Team ArcticChat (12-07-2013)
Remove Ads
Old 12-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Team ArcticChat
 
SnoGasm's Avatar
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Liberty, IA
Thanks: 35
Thanked 87 Times in 78 Posts
Sled: 2014 ZR 9000 Limited
Ill have to give that a try next time I change my chain case oil.
__________________
ZR THE LEGEND IS BACK.

Wanting To Win Does Not Make A Winner Hating To Lose Makes A Winner.

Current Sleds:
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 1100 Turbo Limited (Bikeman)
2013 Arctic Cat F 1100 Sno Pro Limited
2001 Yamaha SRX 700 (Bender Racing)

Past Sleds:
2012 Arctic Cat Procross F 50th Anniversary 1100
2008 Arctic Cat F-6 LXR Pink Addition
SnoGasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: waterboro,maine
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Sled: 2013 procross turbo lxr
10-11 Mileage: 2000 apex gt
09-10 Mileage: 2100 apex gt 07
08-09 Mileage: 1800 08 poo fst
07-08 Mileage: 2300 08 doo 800xpx
06-07 Mileage: 2400 07 apex rtx
ATV: 2011 can-am 800 ltd
2010 Mileage: 1500 grizzly550
2009 Mileage: 1200 09 yammie
 Quote: Originally Posted by BL'sF7 View Post
Hey guys I changed the oil in my chain case yesterday (13 800 RR) getting it ready for another season.. I wanted to share how I did it with you guys... I'm sure many of you know this trick but this is for the ones who don't.

There was no way I was gona split my chain case apart to drain the oil and if there is a plug well someone please tell me.

I took my sucker/filler gun (mostly used for gear oil in Differentials) and added an extra 2ft piece of hose to the end of if. (snowmobile gaz line).

I fed it down the chain case filler hole, there's a sweet spot and once you find it it's easy.

In three pulls I was able to draw out the old gear oil, bone dry, no mess, 16oz of fresh stuff and good to go!

Cheers

Attachment 229173
Great idea,i see you have one of the early lencho rooler torsional caps like I still have,we used that cover on my old 95 zrt 800 when we thought the rooler was the balls.
mnmsnowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
BL'sF7's Avatar
 
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: ontario
Thanks: 105
Thanked 56 Times in 52 Posts
Sled: 2013 800 RR 2006 F6R da wifes
07-08 Mileage: 2400
 Quote: Originally Posted by mnmsnowbeast View Post
Great idea,i see you have one of the early lencho rooler torsional caps like I still have,we used that cover on my old 95 zrt 800 when we thought the rooler was the balls.
That's off my old 04 F7.. It's cheaper to replace whole thing than to buy a new bushing and rollers
BL'sF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Here
Thanks: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sled: 2009 F6 SnoPro
Assuming this will also work on 4 stroke Models? Is the fill hole the same (Top left as you look at the chaincase / oil reservoir from the right side of the sled)?

Us 4 stroke guys have the servo motor there.
SteveCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Here
Thanks: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sled: 2009 F6 SnoPro
Oh, and here is a link to an "oil sucker" I found at Harbor Freight:

Oil Suction Gun - Save on this Suction Gun at Harbor Freight
SteveCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Eden NY
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sled: Arctic cat F1000
08-09 Mileage: 1500
Split my chain case no big deal,got to check it out
Attached Thumbnails
Chain case oil change-2011-12-25_13-29-06_507.jpg  
Sledboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Team ArcticChat
 
captainruss99's Avatar
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: lewiston, maine
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Sled: 12 F1100 /78 Cheetah/88 elTigre 6000
10-11 Mileage: 1,800
09-10 Mileage: 2,200
08-09 Mileage: 3,000
07-08 Mileage: 3,150
06-07 Mileage: 2,600
ATV: 2007 h-d road king
2010 Mileage: 3,300
2009 Mileage: 3,600
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 2,400
I usually pull the cover in the spring to look inside, before storage, but like to change the oil once during mid season. The last time I had the cover off, I drilled and tapped hole for 1/8" pipe thread, and installed a small hex head plug in the bottom of the cover. I then drilled a hole in the plastic cover under the plug. Can reach right in with a small hex socket/extension. Popped a black plastic body plug in after to keep the snow out. I kind of worry about wearing out the self tapping screw holes on the chaincase, taking it apart too many times. The sucker is a good idea, though
__________________
*previous sleds:
68 olympique
73 tnt silver bullet 294
73 tnt silver bullet 340
80 el tigre 6000
86 pantera
88 wildcat
90 ext
93 ext
95 cougar
97 xlt ltd
02 zl 500
01 z370
03 zr800efi
07 Z1EB
*current sleds:
12 F1100 Retro
78 cheetah 5000
88 el tigre 6000
captainruss99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
Team ArcticChat
 
SnoGasm's Avatar
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Liberty, IA
Thanks: 35
Thanked 87 Times in 78 Posts
Sled: 2014 ZR 9000 Limited
 Quote: Originally Posted by captainruss99 View Post
I usually pull the cover in the spring to look inside, before storage, but like to change the oil once during mid season. The last time I had the cover off, I drilled and tapped hole for 1/8" pipe thread, and installed a small hex head plug in the bottom of the cover. I then drilled a hole in the plastic cover under the plug. Can reach right in with a small hex socket/extension. Popped a black plastic body plug in after to keep the snow out. I kind of worry about wearing out the self tapping screw holes on the chaincase, taking it apart too many times. The sucker is a good idea, though

Russ,

Be great If you could post some pics of that.
__________________
ZR THE LEGEND IS BACK.

Wanting To Win Does Not Make A Winner Hating To Lose Makes A Winner.

Current Sleds:
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 1100 Turbo Limited (Bikeman)
2013 Arctic Cat F 1100 Sno Pro Limited
2001 Yamaha SRX 700 (Bender Racing)

Past Sleds:
2012 Arctic Cat Procross F 50th Anniversary 1100
2008 Arctic Cat F-6 LXR Pink Addition
SnoGasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Team ArcticChat
 
captainruss99's Avatar
Team ArcticChat  
Team ArcticChat
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: lewiston, maine
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts
Sled: 12 F1100 /78 Cheetah/88 elTigre 6000
10-11 Mileage: 1,800
09-10 Mileage: 2,200
08-09 Mileage: 3,000
07-08 Mileage: 3,150
06-07 Mileage: 2,600
ATV: 2007 h-d road king
2010 Mileage: 3,300
2009 Mileage: 3,600
2007 Mileage: 800
2006 Mileage: 2,400
I'll try to get some pics, but not till the weekend. Wife has me doing too much right now.( but after New Years, I'm riding)
__________________
*previous sleds:
68 olympique
73 tnt silver bullet 294
73 tnt silver bullet 340
80 el tigre 6000
86 pantera
88 wildcat
90 ext
93 ext
95 cougar
97 xlt ltd
02 zl 500
01 z370
03 zr800efi
07 Z1EB
*current sleds:
12 F1100 Retro
78 cheetah 5000
88 el tigre 6000
captainruss99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   ArcticChat.com - Arctic Cat Forum » Snowmobiles » Arctic Cat Snowmobiles » PROCROSS F/ZR


Search tags for this page

2012 arctic cat chaincase oil change

,
2013 arctic cat 800 chain case oil
,
arctic cat chaincase oil
,

arctic cat pro cross chain case

,
chain case oil drain plug polaris snowmobile 2014
,
f1100 chaincase oil
,
how to change chain case on arctic cat f 800
,
how to check gear case oil on a 07 arctic cat f 1000
,
inside the chain case of a 2013 arctic cat procross
,
metal in chain case fluid
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How often to change chain case oil? chevydog66 Z/ZL/ZR/ZRT/Tcat/EXT/jag/cougar 5 03-05-2011 10:37 PM
05 Sabercat EFI Chain Case Oil Change Sledding XFR/Firecat/Sabercat 9 12-02-2010 06:47 AM
chain case fluid change cerbomark 4 Strokes 7 09-22-2010 07:00 AM
when do you think you should change chain case bearings hell cat XFR/Firecat/Sabercat 5 01-27-2010 08:09 AM


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.